Main performers of silent characters

wiley207

Reaction score
I think Velma Blank on "Squeal of Fortune" ("Sesame Street") was silent, but we know that David Rudman performed her.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think Velma Blank on "Squeal of Fortune" ("Sesame Street") was silent, but we know that David Rudman performed her.
I never knew that. Is there a picture, behind the scenes footage, or confirmation by David Rudman that he performed her? I haven't seen that segment since the early 1990s, so I can't remember if she spoke. But since she only appeared that one time, it makes sense that she would only have one performer.

wiley207

Reaction score
It says on Muppet Wiki that David Rudman performed her.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It says on Muppet Wiki that David Rudman performed her.
I just checked out her page, and read that she sometimes appeared as Sonny Friendly's co-host. So even if she didn't speak in the Squeal of Fortune sketch, she may have spoken in one of her other appearances (maybe she, like Fletcherbird, has only had one line, or maybe she spoke semi-regularly). I guess she must have stopped being Sonny Friendly's co-host after David Rudman took over the role, unless she was recast as well.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was wondering about how Steve Whitmire saying in interviews hoe he didn't feel comfortable taking over Beaker because he wasn't sure of what part of Richard his character was coming from? I wonder it the some part or Richard where Beaker comes from is the same part of him where Sully does, too? Although I know beaker is not silent, lol!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
What about Sam of Sam & Friends he was silent too. We know Jim Performed him during the black magic sketch.

wiley207

Reaction score
What about Sam of Sam & Friends he was silent too. We know Jim Performed him during the black magic sketch.
Yes, Sam had no real voice. Instead he'd just lip-synch to popular songs or old recordings of comedy routines.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I know is that honkers and Dingers of Sesame Street are always performed by any available puppeteer that just so happens to be on set that day.