Make the Simpsons Funny Again!

superfan

Reaction score
jediX said:
Nice to see this thread has regained order.... kind of.

Actually, I liked it quite well even though the third bit was much too short and "Bartificial Intelligence" went on a bit long and followed the plot of "A.I." a tad too closely. Oh well, it was still much better than the year they did that Harry Potter parody. ::shiver:: Hopefully this season will only get better. All shows have a few "bad" episodes per season, so I'm forgiving about that. Hopefully the plots will be more concrete this year and won't wind up like SNL sketches. :smile:
SNL was good this past Saturday, though...all the commercials. Except Will Ferrel was a bit wierd in the subplot.

superfan

Reaction score
Somethin's always cookin' at the Cluckin' Chicken!
Ga ga ga gooey!

superfan

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Uncle jemimias mash Liquar
Bwaa hahaha!
Ah, wait...this is a Simpsons thread.
Apu was dressed as R2D2 last night! That was hilarious.

superfan

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
i loved the Moleman turned into a mole
Oh, yes yes, that was funny...
"I wasn't even wearing a costume!!"

superfan

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
all and all a great episode
Thank goodness! I hadn't watched it in some time and was beginning to lose hope!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I don't think the Simpsons will ever be as good as it was before. The show has changed far too much in recent years to catch up with times, I guess you could say. It's because of shows like South Park and Family Guy that came out and became popular because of their offensive, contraversial and sometimes even gory humour. Now the Simpsons seems to be trying to follow suit, whereas before they had more of a clever comedy. Though I admit to liking South Park (actually... it's my absolute favourite show EVAR!) and Family Guy I dislike the Simpsons trying to copy that sort of humour. It makes me a saaaaaaaaaad panda. (South Park quote XD)

Ahh, I remember the days of yore when the Simpsons would crack me up so. Let's look back at some classic quotes.

Selma: Thank you, doctor.
Doctor: Oh, I'm not a doctor.

Marge: Something seems different about Bart.
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: No, I mean he seems upset.
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.
Marge: I'd ask him what's wrong, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.
Homer: Yeah, and then you'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant, Homer.
Homer: Admit it, Marge. It was.

Marge: Bart! Where did you get language like that?
Homer: Yeah, that team sure did suck! They were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked! *Notices family is watching him* Oh, I gotta go. My **** weiner kids are listening.

Homer: There's something strange about this place... I know! This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit! Enjoy your death trap, ladies.

Troy McClure: Professor (Can't Remember Name!) of Chicago University writes, "I think Homer gets stupider every year." That's not a question, professor.

... ah, good times. Good times. *Mourns old Simpsons*