1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MAKE YOUR OWN KERMIT...Sort of

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by pdbooch, Mar 10, 2003.

1. pdbooch

pdbooch New Member

Hey All,
    I don't know if this has been discussed yet...

OK, so I won an auction on ebay not long ago of the Kermit Frogtographer from Macy's with the intent of turning it into a puppet. A friend already gave me one for my birthday back in December and ever since then, I've thought, "that would make a great puppet." So I went on ebay and found an excellent price for the plush and did it. I have to work on the body and the fingers yet, and the head definately needs foam work but it really looks like the real thing. I strongloy suggest you all go and do this. You won't be sorry.

Plus if you want to make your own Kermit, this is a great way to examine the design.

Patrick
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

If you are heartless enough, you can take him totally apart at the seams and you have a Kermit the Frog pattern. I want to do that, but I haven't got the nerve.

And he's happy about that!! --->:)
  3. pdbooch

pdbooch New Member

Yes, yes, I'm cold and heartless...oh the burden of being evil...ho hum...none the less, my Kermit is so much happier now that he doesn't have to only speak 4 lines. I've given him a real voice. Its all for the better.

I haven't taken it apart totaly, just enough for use as puppet. I actuall can't bring myself to pull it apart completely...Guess I'm not THAT evil after all.
    Patrick
  4. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Your puppets are great! I like audrey 2! :)