Man, what all did I have?

Nyperold

Reaction score
Well, there was a "camera" thing you plugged a specialized cassette into, and when you turned the crank, the pictures became animated. The one I had was "The 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 Penny Candy Man".

I had a book/45 set called "Anybody Can Play". Bert's bored, I guess, but Ernie gets him into playing for a while... before resting as Bert continues.

"The Case of the Missing Rubber Duckie" seems like it came with a 45, as well.

There was one with Cookie Monster and a cookie tree, but no 45 with that.

Seems like there was a prehistoric book, but I remember nothing about it, except that there was a version of Sherlock Hemlock involved as some kind of smart person.

Pino

Reaction score
I had two uglu italian handpuppets from Bert and Ernie.. all fabric and two windup toys from vicma.
Also the dictionary from Sesamstraat and some old postcards.... I trew them away before i realized it!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, there was a "camera" thing you plugged a specialized cassette into, and when you turned the crank, the pictures became animated. The one I had was "The 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 Penny Candy Man".
I read at the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive page for The Baker Films that one of the baker films was included in something like that. I wish I knew more about those things.

Seems like there was a prehistoric book, but I remember nothing about it, except that there was a version of Sherlock Hemlock involved as some kind of smart person.
There was one called The Invention of Paper, featuring Ernie as a cave king and Sherlock as the royal smart person. This book was based on an actual Sesame Street sketch. I don't know if there were any other prehistoric books featuring Sherlock Hemlock.

Nyperold

Reaction score
Yes! That was the one, now that I think about it!