Manga

skellingtonjack

Reaction score
does anyone love manga cos i love manga movies especially hayao miyazaki movies
disney made quite a few hayao miyazaki movies eg. castle in the sky, spirited away and howl's moving castle
who else likes manga and what manga movies do they like???

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I just got into reading the stuff about a hear/ year and a half ago. THe three I collect on a regular basis are Dr. Slump, One Piece, and Ultimate Muscle (the book is far beyond better than the animated series. It was marketed to adults, unlike the anime, which was for children, for one thing). I also have a Saint Seiya, a Lupin III, the only Bobobobo bobobo they released in the US and a couple Dragon Balls (original. Not Z).

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I have watched Spirited away........my husband is into all that stuff.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm not into the comics really, and I haven't really got anything new since "Spirited Away", "Metropolis" or "Princess Monoke". But I love "Street Fighter II", "Street Fighter Alpha", the original 1970's "Fist of the North Star", "Perfect Blue", "Venus Wars" and "Ghost in the Shell" (the movie). As far as series go; I like "One Piece", "Ranma 1/2" and I really dig the animation from "Digimon".

skellingtonjack

Reaction score
lol i love digimon too i guess
and i must admit ultimate muscle series got repetitive fast but im sure the books better
i also love cradcaptors

Drtooth

Reaction score
skellingtonjack said:
lol i love digimon too i guess
and i must admit ultimate muscle series got repetitive fast but im sure the books better
i also love cradcaptors
A lot of Sports manga do get repetitive. The show follows the same basic premise as the book, but the book has better revelations and gags... even though viz edits the naked chicks and "ahem" "Male excitement" in their release. But the blood and death are still there, making the fights more enjoyable.

Odd to think it, but Ultimate Muscle was created WAAAAAAY back in 1979 when it was about Kid Muscle's father, Kinnikuman. Back in the beginning, it was a satire of Ultraman, with Kinnikuman being the world's WORST Superhero, to the point where monsters refused to fight him, as it would bring disgrace on their name. It shortly turned into wrestling late that year. They kept that format until about 85, I guess. Then that was it. Ultimate Muscle came out in 1997 or 99 (I forget) as a second series, about Kinnikuman's son (as well as the offspring of many other characters).

Xela

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I'm not into the comics really, and I haven't really got anything new since "Spirited Away", "Metropolis" or "Princess Monoke". But I love "Street Fighter II", "Street Fighter Alpha", the original 1970's "Fist of the North Star", "Perfect Blue", "Venus Wars" and "Ghost in the Shell" (the movie). As far as series go; I like "One Piece", "Ranma 1/2" and I really dig the animation from "Digimon".
Ranma 1/2 is greatness! :big_grin: And I love Street Fighter II also. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Street Fighter is awesome, you should check out the Alpha movie too. It's a totally different animation, but it's a lot lighter and even funny. I didn't care for the Street Fighter V series though, too much effort in bringing all the characters lives together.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't listed all my favorites, just the ones I own. Plus, as far as anime goes, my list is:

K.O. Beat
Saint Seiya
Kinnikuman (though I never watched G1)
Ultimate Muscle (for Lord knows what reason... the book is better, rememer that)
Sonic X (though season three isn't working for me)
Lupin III
Shaman King
One Piece
Naruto (only saw one episode)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (only saw one, but what an episode it was)
Ranma 1/2
Innuyasha (but I like Ranma more)
Kirby, right back at yah
Dr. Slump
Dragon ball (I prefer Dragon Ball Classic to DBZ)
and./.. uh... there are a bunch more I cannot think of right now.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kirby is pretty tight. The computer cell shading animation works really well.