Marilyn Sokol on All My Children

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sorry i don't have any more details - but Marilyn Sokol (voice of Emmett Otter and many voiceovers for Sesame Street songs in 1970's) has been on All My Children recently.

I don't watch AMC but i watch One Life to Live which comes on afterwards, so i happened to catch her name in the closing credits for AMC before OLTL came on today (the ABC soaps roll the actor credits for each week's episodes on Fridays). Marilyn was listed among the guests/recurring characters which means she could be on anywhere from one episode to several ongoing. I don't have any further info on who she played or if she'll be on again, but if you're a Marilyn fan (like i am!), i would reccomend tuning in next week to see if she may be on.

(It always seems like the Henson connected people always seem to do guest spots on all the ABC soaps BUT the one i watch! The only times i can remember a Muppet/Henson type actor guesting on OLTL was the girl who plays Gabi on Sesame Street - and even then i heard about it after the fact since that was during a time i had tuned out. The voice of Fran Sinclair on Dinosaurs (Jessica Walter?) played Eleanor Armitage in mid-90's. Other than that, the closest i can think of is Joey Mazzarino's wife, Kerry Butler having a contract role for about six months in 2006 as Nash's ex-girlfriend Claudia)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh that so cool! Almost makes me want to watch!

I just read that Desire Casado had a part on that soap from sesame workshops wed site. anybody remember the one Roscoe Orman used to play on?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just an appendum to avoid confusion...MS was of course the voice of Emmet's ma (not Emmet) - i can be pretty bad with little typos like that after lots of double shifts with no sleep! And Desire is who i was referring to (couldn't remember the name of the actress who plays Gabi when i posted original message - i have to check my Roscoe Orman bio, but if memory serves, he was on All My Children.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, it was "All My Children" That Rosco was on. It funny because I have his book. I never know he was kindergarten and a high school teacher before, though. So it's cool that he plays on of TV!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Just an appendum to avoid confusion...MS was of course the voice of Emmet's ma (not Emmet) - i can be pretty bad with little typos like that after lots of double shifts with no sleep! And Desire is who i was referring to (couldn't remember the name of the actress who plays Gabi when i posted original message - i have to check my Roscoe Orman bio, but if memory serves, he was on All My Children.
Yep,Roscoe Orman was on All My Children in the late 70s before he joined Sesame Street. He played a pimp who I think even ended up raping another character on the show. My mom is a HUGE All My Children and One Life to Live fan. I'll ask her if the name Marilyn Sokol rings a bell and who she played.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
So I had some spare time today at work to look up Roscoe's credits on IMDB. According to that site, like Mike said, he started on Sesame in 1974, but he was on All My Children in 1976. So we were both right :smile: