Marilyn Sokol on All My Children

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
So I had some spare time today at work to look up Roscoe's credits on IMDB. According to that site, like Mike said, he started on Sesame in 1974, but he was on All My Children in 1976. So we were both right :smile:
Yeah, well he was doing both shows at the same time and he had to choose one because he was becoming too big on All my Children and theirs a clause in the actors of Sesame Street's contracts stating that they can not do rolls where they become too big out side of the show. Plus he decided to quit because it was confusing children who who's mothers what the soap opera and when they would see Gordon on Sesame Street they would become scared of hims after seeing my play the their roll on the soap.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I thought of one more Henson connection that was on One Life to Live - Darlene Vogel who played the dual role of John's Earth girlfriend and one of the Delvians in Farscape's Rhapsody of Blue episode had a contract role in the late 90's as Lindsay's sister - something that took awhile to think of since that was also during the time where i had tuned out for a few years.

(And speaking of Farscape actors that have become American daytime soap stars, Murray Bartlett, who played John's best friend DK, also is on some soap on CBS i think but as much as i loved Murray on Farscape, that's not enough to have got me to tune in.)

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yeah, well he was doing both shows at the same time and he had to choose one because he was becoming too big on All my Children and theirs a clause in the actors of Sesame Street's contracts stating that they can not do rolls where they become too big out side of the show. Plus he decided to quit because it was confusing children who who's mothers what the soap opera and when they would see Gordon on Sesame Street they would become scared of hims after seeing my play the their roll on the soap.
Yeah I knew all this..I told ya, my mom's a big AMC fan/ "expert":wink: