Marvin Sugs in all his Glory

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
So my the frog of my heart has begun to take a liking to the Muppets (I am a terrible influence) and we have been watching a few episodes a night of the "Best of" series. He has, oddly enough, developed an obsession with Marvin Sugs. I was trying to remember, besides Lady of Spain, the fruit glee club, and Witch Doctor, what other routines/episodes has he been in?

Any other random Marvin tidbits you would like to share would be lovely! I adore Marvin. It is like Frank Oz on crack. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Frank Oz on crack? Now there's a sight!

I remember him on the Raquel Welch episode, showing the Muppaphone off to Kermit (UK version). He was also on the Alice in Wonderland episode where he played the judge.

"Excuse me, greeen person! Have you been sworn in?"
- Marvin Suggs
"Er, at? Yes. In? No."
- Kermit
"Okey-dokey! Now, put a-you're hand on a-the book. Now, repeat after me. Ow."
- Marvin Suggs

*Bangs on Kermit's hand with the hammer thingy*

"Ow!!!!!"
- Kermit
"Very nice!"
- Marvin

All of Frank Oz's characters crack me up!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I love that scene in the "Alice in Wonderland" episode. That's classic. Yeah. Frank was really great with all his characters, it's too bad he's retired. If not, we might see more of Marvin these days.

SNLIM

Reaction score
i don't know if anyone else has really played it, but the muppet computer game "muppets inside" has a kind of "name that tune" game with marvin and the muppaphone and with lew zeland and his singing fish. it really is one of the highlights of the cd-rom...actually i love the whole thing so it's hard to pick.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by SNLIM
i don't know if anyone else has really played it, but the muppet computer game "muppets inside" has a kind of "name that tune" game with marvin and the muppaphone and with lew zeland and his singing fish. it really is one of the highlights of the cd-rom...actually i love the whole thing so it's hard to pick.
Oh yeah, hands down best Muppet game ever...I mean that 'hacked' intro, and the ending...man. Very envelope pushing, innovative stuff.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
He was also on the Alice in Wonderland episode where he played the judge.

"Excuse me, greeen person! Have you been sworn in?"
- Marvin Suggs
"Er, at? Yes. In? No."
- Kermit
"Okey-dokey! Now, put a-you're hand on a-the book. Now, repeat after me. Ow."
- Marvin Suggs

*Bangs on Kermit's hand with the hammer thingy*

"Ow!!!!!"
- Kermit
"Very nice!"
- Marvin
LOL!! YES, I love that part!! :big_grin: