Mary Kate and Ashley

Misskermie

Reaction score
I actually have no clue who they are, but go ahead and talk about them.

I only know they have some sort of television thing, because there were a bunch of old tapes of them at Goodwill. Also, they had clothes a long time ago at Walmart, but my mom would not, under any circumstance, let me wear that brand of clothes.

So... Um... Talk about these people, Yo.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I am ashamed to say that I was a fan of the Olsen twins when I was younger and of even lower intellect than I am today. I ate up all their cute and bland merchandising and watched all their shows. Their shows were like all of Disney Channel, only worse. And I liked them.

Took me years to come out and say that. :embarrassed:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I found the game Get a Clue (I think that was its name) to be rather fun. I recently played it again. What was wrong with me?

mo

Reaction score
mary kate and ashly are 2 rich blonde twins witha clothing line and used to have a show...that's pretty much it sorry. I'm a bit of a tomboy so I don't care about that crap. lawl

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
i was only a fan cuz I have the same name as one of them

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, my older sister used to be a huge fan of Mary-Kate and Ashley when they were popular (and within the next several years, my younger sisters became obsessed with them too). We've had several of the You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's (*insert name of occasion*) Party videos (Sleepover, Christmas, and Ballet), one of the The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley videos (The Case of the Logical i Ranch), one of their direct-to-video movies (Passport to Paris, where they play the parts of Melanie "Mel" and Allyson "Ally" Porter, and one of their feature length films (When in Rome, where they play the parts of Charlotte "Charli" and Leila Blake), several books from their Two of a Kind series (I don't know which ones), the Mary-Kate and Ashley's Walt Disney Adventure book (I know it was told from one of the twins' point of view, but I don't remember which one. Also, this was the only Mary-Kate and Ashley paraphernalia that I enjoyed).

Throughout the years, I've had to put up with several other of their videos. We would mainly borrow them from the library, video stores, or from friends of my sisters. I remember as a kid, I never understood how those 2 had a lot of friends, and chose different ones for each party in their You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's (*insert name of occasion*) Party videos.

I know that my sisters might have collected other Mary-Kate and Ashley paraphernalia, but I don't remember what it consisted of.

Either way, this is pretty much my whole history with Mary-Kate and Ashley.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I used to like watching their TV movies (only the ones when they were kids, none of those corny teen direct-to-video movies), and of course, Full House has been a lifelong favorite of mine (yeah, it's cheesy, but that's part of the fun). They actually had another show when they were 12 or 13, called Two of a Kind, that only lasted a season, but I thought it wasn't too bad. For those not familiar, it was a similar set-up to Full House: the twins' characters had a widowed father who was looking for help to care for them, but finds a babysitter who is one of his students (he was a college professor). For what it was, it wasn't bad.

As for the twins themselves, I wouldn't say I was ever a HUGE fan of theirs (it didn't help that one of them shared my name, albeit spelled differently), but as far as kid stars go, they weren't bad.