1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Master Replicas Kermit Conversion?

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by CrazyHarryFan, Mar 16, 2009.

1. CrazyHarryFan

CrazyHarryFan New Member

Has anyone tried to purchase the Master Replicas Kermit and create a working Puppet out of him? :) That seemed like the most logical thing to do, and it would seem to be the highest quality way to do it. Unless there are aspects I don't know about the puppet.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried. I was thinking that EVENTUALLY, this might be the way to go.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on it. LOL Hope it's okay to ask!

Thanks and God Bless,

---Chuck
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

First of all, welcome to the forum. :)

I do know that someone dissected the Kermit poser as can be seen on this blog. MR's Kermit poser proportions are slightly smaller than the puppet, however it would likely be the best way to get an authentic Kermit puppet. The issue would likely be with hollowing out the head without compromising the integrity of the face. I'm certain a puppet builder around here can provide some advice. ;)
  3. CrazyHarryFan

CrazyHarryFan New Member

Thanks for the welcome! I have had a blast here. I just wish I could find other puppet people in my area! LOL

Anyhoo, it seems that the blog wouldn't work for me, but I saw the one photo.

This possibility interests me thought. It might just be possible!

4. kuzeh

kuzeh Member

You know,
    i just got my Animal Replica and I'm very tempted to turn it into an actual puppet...
  5. CrazyHarryFan

CrazyHarryFan New Member

I have been researching the Master Replicas Kermit and seeing if it can be turned into a Puppet. There are two opinions of everyone I've talked to. One, yes and go for it. Two, it would be a LOT cheaper just to make my own. haha I'll start by making beginner puppets first.....:crazy:

6. paplooo

paplooo New Member

i commit a sacrilege like i said to my friend....
    MR kermit is gone.
    now is a MR puppet kermit....
    why ?>.. cos muppets are alive.. not a statue.. they mean to speak move etc etc etc.!!!!!
    now my kermit is ALIVE>!!!!!!!!!
    wasnt so difficult to do it.. took me around 2 hrs.. slow NO rush ...
    what i did was open the back/low.. and start to carve a hole .. then when i came across with he plastic bit.. i cut the wires of the legs and then i remove them...
    next step.. i cut a bit under the armpit..and i cut the wires but i didnt remove the wires from the arms..
    next i cut from inside all the wires for the head..and remove the plastic bit.
    then i open the back of the head and i remove the foam and wires...
    sewed all the bits again.. put the eyes on the right position ( cos i dont like the look of MR ) and done.!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]
  7. TML

TML Active Member

The video is gone!
  8. paplooo

paplooo New Member

is that working??? i posted another video..
  9. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

try putting it on youtube
  10. paplooo

paplooo New Member

its ok.. my hands are quite small./.. so somebody with bigger hands should fit perfect.
  11. TML

TML Active Member

Did you replace the mouth plate or is it the one that came with the poser?
  12. paplooo

paplooo New Member

is what it came with the puppet.
  13. TML

TML Active Member

Is it just your hand in his head or is there a form or stuffing? Very curious about this. LOL
  14. TML

TML Active Member

P.S. is your avatar a Fozzie Bear that you made?
  15. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Weird question but would it be possible to reposition Kermits eyes without opening him up?
  16. paplooo

paplooo New Member

NO. cos they are kind of screwed from inside .
  17. paplooo

paplooo New Member

and yes thats my fozzie.
  18. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

19. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Not sure if this is in the right p;lace...but I am REALLY needing a Kermit for a performance coming up next month...all I can pay is $150 can someone build me one for that?? I have been searching high and low...and NO luck. I am so jealous of these guys that can just build any muppet they want...SO JEALOUS
  20. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

Sorry Alvin. But it's illeagle for someone to make you a Kermit. If you bought the Kermit Replica from MR then you would be able yo pay someone to turn it into a funtioning puppet possibly. But it would be illeagle for someone to sale you one they built from scratch. :/