Matt Vogel/Eric J q's (+ hi everyone)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well - after a bit of a hiatus from the board, i've made a resolution (and it's not even New Year's...but then if it was a NY resolution, i'd have to break it around Valentine's Day) to get caught up and be more active. Once the board started getting really hyper and active i fell behind and that kind of discouraged me to just stop reading altogether for awhile but now i'm really going to try to get caught up again ... so hi to old friends and to those i haven't met yet. I'll probably spend a lot of time initially "lurking" reading some older threads first before diving in newer discussions, but there's been some various random questions that's been on my mind for awhile so i'll post some threads for those tonight! Starting with...

I've been wondering a bit about Matt Vogel and Eric Jacobson in that i've been very impressed of how they've handled their respective inherited characters...but i was wondering about any work these two have had a chance to do on characters that AREN'T others "hand-me-downs" - do Matt and/or Eric ever get a chance to do original characters or lines for puppets that aren't Big Bird, Grover, Bert? I'd be interested to hear Matt do a voice of his own and ditto with Eric. If anyone knows of any Sesame skits where they voiced a puppet of their own, let me know...i'm just getting caught up on actually watching this season's episodes so i'll keep my ear open for them!

(Also forgive my indulgence here in asking about something unrelated in the same thread but since pretty much the "insiders" would be able to answer this question...thought i'd throw out a "bonus" question to see if anyone hear may know the answer...)

I was very excited for everyone at Henson to hear the wonderful news that they were able to get the company back and to celebrate and congradulate the family and employees on this achievement, i sent a gift basket with a congratulations card to the Henson offices in Hollywood with some various goodies and a card showing support to the Henson family, and "team" (everyone at JHC who were keeping the dream alive). I tried to time it to where it would arrive on August 1st...but it probably showed up the Monday after knowing how the mail's been lately. Even though my address was on the box, i didn't enclose it anywhere inside as i wasn't expecting any kind of reply...just wanted to show my support - but after a month's passed now, i kind of got a bit Telly-like nervousness in that i never heard anything in regards to how (or if!) if was received so there's always the worry about if some receptionist grabbed the goodies for him/herself or if they tossed it without passing it on ("oh - one of those weirdos") so i was wondering if anyone knew if it was actually received by anyone and if they enjoyed it?

(I also felt a bit embarassed after i sent it because one of the items was a little stuffed polar bear holding a mini-fan with a note saying "always remember your fans support you" - and i forgot to put some batteries in the fan before i sealed the box and sent it...which i feared may have come across as a little tacky or contrary to the message that "batteries weren't included!") If anyone has the ability to pass on the message, let them know i apologize for forgetting the "juice"!)

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
DW. Eric plays Harry the Duck on episodes of Bear in the Big Blue House. Matt performed the lead in Murder, He Squeaked, the independent film he co-wrote and co-directed with Joey Mazzarino.

Both Eric and Matt play various one off characters on Sesame Street. I don't have any specific examples though.

secret squirrel

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Eric also does the manipulation for Piglet on Disney Channel's The Book of Pooh and has also done a lot of stage puppetry, including Basil Twist's Symphonie Fantastique.

Matt Vogel is currently one of the puppeteers manipulating Audrey II in B'way's Little Shop of Horrors. (Btw, Kerri Butler, a B'way star in her own right who plays Audrey, is Joey Mazzarino's wife.)

They've both done their share of right handing on Sesame as well as performing AMs (Anything Muppets).

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, both of you. The main thing behind my question was trying to keep an eye (and ear) out for puppets the two performed in voices of their own (instead of copying others) so i could get more of a feel of their individual voices (i'm very big on "voice-spotting") but the additional background info was great too though since a lot of the "supporting Muppeteers" don't get enough credit or wide biographical info!