Maybe I'll quit making puppets...

FUZZYRED

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am going to quit to make puppet because it hard. I been looking through other fourm what other guy made elmo and mostly I want is kermit. You guys did better and I am hopeless with ideals for shape and I know kermit is simple but IT NOT TO ME! Anyway, plus no one support me like Kevin Clash and he was very lucky than me. I wish I wasn't deaf to understand engilsh word!!! I can't belived how young people can make puppet like Tau Bennett. Again maybe I am going to leave this fourm. :mad:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
well while your entitled to do what you want, remember than practice is the way to get better. ill admit this is the first time ive responded to a post of yours but dont give up, in time your puppets can be great it just takes time patience and practice

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------
Hey, don't give up, Fuzzyred! NO ART COMES EASILY at first! If puppeteering is your dream, keep at it! It will take you many tries before you're satisfied, I'm sure...same as it does for writing or drawing or any other art form. Being deaf does not disqualify you! Find books, go online and find diagrams and .pdfs about making puppets. Any of us here who have gone after their creative dreams will support you in yours, at least in spirit! And I believe Frogpuppeteer is especially qualified to give you sound advice, judging by what I've seen of his work.

Hang in there and keep trying! :news:
------------------------

Animal31

Reaction score
The answers to any of your questions can be found between here and Puppets and Stuff, all it takes is a little time to look. Break your questions down to specifics and look up the topics one by one. None of us have had our questions answered everytime we've asked, we just looked until we found them.....

DON'T GIVE UP!!!

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a puppet. Listen to these other puppet builders- if you quit now you'll never know how to make what you want. All you nee to know is on the search part of the forum. I've built Kermit but I had to make a couple of heads before I got the look I thought fit the Kermit character. Most of us on here will not provide a pattern because we don't want to be sued but also because I'm a true believer that people have to put work into things and when you finally get what you want you'll be happier in the end.

callmemilo

Reaction score
Fuzzyred, I'm a relative newbie at this myself, but as I'm someone who's been active in artistic stuff for a long time, I can tell you with a certainty that it doesn't come easy to anyone. It's something you practise and get better at.

These things take time, especially making a replica Muppet because you're trying to create something that already exists and is very well recognized. If you want to try creating your own characters first, or just playing around with different patterns, it may make it easier for you to try out the Elmo or Kermit puppets at a later date.

Don't get discouraged, just keep at it. If it's something you're passionate about, it'll be that much more rewarding when you get it right. :smile:

I hope you stick around, and I look forward to seeing what you create.

FUZZYRED

Reaction score
Wow, thank guys. I think I should give a go for this forum and I am still a bit depress for my life but, I will fight for myself!
:smile:

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Don't give up puppet making! Practice makes perfect. NO ONE on this forum just woke up one day and built professional looking puppets. It takes lots and lots of practice. There are tons of books out there that could help you get going on your projects. And callmemilo is right, try making your own characters first; remember that you can't really do anything with your Muppet replicas like perform w/them in a show b/c they are copyrighted. They are just for fun.

Bottom line is, don't give up, because the more you practice, the better you will get!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Not to mention throwing a lot of money into a gaping void before we started to get anywhere decent.