MC eBayers Beware!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The frustrating thing about eBay and other sites like this is that there is really no way of telling if the person on the person whom you are buying from is an honest person or not, and that is very the very unfortunate part.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah it sure is! I emailed them again lastnight........still nothin! that bum! grrr :boo:

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
i don't really know what u should do but that guy seems like a right bottom burk
cheers for the warning coz i sometimes use ebay.com

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've had two experiences buying things off e-bay and they were both good, but I've heard so many horror stories as of late that I'm inclined to not do bussiness there ever again! :eek:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You just gotta remember it's a business... And some deals will end up done well, others won't. Just gotta air out everything before committing to buy... And maybe know who it is you're buying from. Only had a handful of deals that went badly, but I'm OK doing business there. Unless I'm doing business with you guys here on the boards... And even then, you might need to beware which is why we set up the Seller Feedback thread in the B/S/T section.
Hope this helps.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I've been an eBay buyer since my senior year of college, and in the past three years I've only had one semi-bad experience (and the guy wasn't trying to rip me off; he just needs to learn to communicate better with his customers).

One of the important things to do is to keep the lines of communication open with the seller. And when you do: BE POLITE. Even in the relative anonymity of the 'Net, politeness can go a long way. More flies with honey than vinegar, and all that. You can leave feedback for the seller, but they can also leave feedback for you. And you don't want to receive negative feedback because you were an [CENSORED] to the person you purchased an item from.

-Kim

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
thanks for ALL thos tips guys! i really mean it! :smile: well checkin the mail again today STILL nothing :boo: ..... tommarow will be 2 weeks since they sent out this Kermit! :zany:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
I've been an eBay buyer since my senior year of college, and in the past three years I've only had one semi-bad experience (and the guy wasn't trying to rip me off; he just needs to learn to communicate better with his customers).

One of the important things to do is to keep the lines of communication open with the seller. And when you do: BE POLITE. Even in the relative anonymity of the 'Net, politeness can go a long way. More flies with honey than vinegar, and all that. You can leave feedback for the seller, but they can also leave feedback for you. And you don't want to receive negative feedback because you were an [CENSORED] to the person you purchased an item from.

-Kim
did u get ur money back from ebay? that what i did yesterday filled out a "Not Received Item" on ebay and it sayed it would take em 30days! y sooo long? grrr... lol, i hate ebay now! haha :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you hate it, that's your feelings toward it.
But if you filled out a claim with paypal.com, that should be enough. Filling out another claim with eBay is basically unnecessary. After the claim's initiated with paypal, if they haven't gotten any cooperation from the seller in 10 days, you automatically get the money recredited... Unless it's a multiple item purchase, then it takes a bit more time.
Hope this helps.