MC Radio: Frosty and Rudolph

scarecroe

Reaction score
Just heard the Sesame versions of these two songs. From where do they originate?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

They are from the 1984 album "Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along". Another great track to listen for from the same album is "Counting the Days".

Five Sesame Street Christmas albums have been released over the years.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Crap, another one to hunt down. Thanks.

So there's....
  • Merry Christmas from Sesame Street (1975, LP)
  • Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (1980, LP)
  • Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along (1984, LP)
  • A Sesame Street Christmas (1997, CD)
  • Elmo Saves Christmas (1997, CD)
(by the way, anyone who doesn't know, Mark Pethick has a great site for stuff like this: A Muppety Christmas)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you have got them all listed. There are a few other record and book type deals, but those are all the full-length Sesame Christmas albums that I am aware of.

As you know "A Sesame Street Christmas" (1997) includes about half-remakes (old songs with new characters added in places) and half originals from the first two Christmas albums. All the original versions with Mr. Hooper, David, Olivia and others are featured on Muppet Central Radio.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I've now heard two versions of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." One by Snuffy and Big Bird, and another by Grover. Which one comes from the Sing Along album, and where does the other one come from?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

The all-cast version of Rudolph with Grover, Cookie, Big Bird, and the cast comes from the 1984 "Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along" album.

Big Bird and Snuffy comes from the 1998 CD "Elmo Saves Christmas". It's still in print. You may even be able to get it cheap right now being it's right after Christmas.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Christmas music.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Big Bird and Snuffy comes from the 1998 CD "Elmo Saves Christmas". It's still in print. You may even be able to get it cheap right now being it's right after Christmas.
Ah okay, I got this on DVD a long time ago and only watched it once. Never got the CD... it seems as though I may just have to now!

Actually, I was surprised to see the Christmas music go out of rotation so soon. This is still the Christmas season after all.