Mcc Dvd Not Widescreen!

Stulz

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that that Disney was going to release MCC in widescreen, obviously NOT the case! Unless there are 2 versions which I highly doubt!

Other then that the disc is great , with great extras and audio commenrtary.

While i was buying MCC some dumbass @ BestBuy was complaining to a salewoman (who wasn't so bright either.... she actually thought that a dual layer disc meant that that you could change from widescreen to full screen!) Who hires these people???

Any way the gu ask if there was another version of the Beauty and The Beast DVD that was in Fullscreen he had no idea that widescreen was the full movie. It's still amazes me that the average consumer is still so dumb about this!

I explained it to him (and the saleswoman) about widescreen and told him to just use his "zoom" botton if he didn't like it. Funny how that's extactly what Disney themselves say to do inside the DVD package.

Which brings me back to MCC. If Disney is soo concerned about this widescreen issue and to NOT include a fullscreen version on Beaut. Then why ONLY include the "zoomed" version on Muppet Christmas Carol.

During the behind the scenes featurette it's stated multiple times that this film is very important to the Muppets and the Henson Company as a whole. So why then not Make Disney do the film justice??? I mean Disney put Spaceed Invaders out Widescreen.. i mean don't get me wrong funny movie, but I think more people have a speacil place for MCC then Spaced Invaders...

Please everyone call Disney's customer service #1-800-723-4763 (conveinently placed right on the disc) and give em ****, (politely of course) and tel;l them to get their act together, AGIAN! Cuz the 1st batch of calls after MTI obvously didn't work!

Its' a great disc with 5.1 surround and all, my suggestion, if you have the laserdisc, put that on and use the DVD for the extras and sound!

3 Kermits out of 5

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stulz

During the behind the scenes featurette it's stated multiple times that this film is very important to the Muppets and the Henson Company as a whole. So why then not Make Disney do the film justice??? I mean Disney put Spaceed Invaders out Widescreen.. i mean don't get me wrong funny movie, but I think more people have a speacil place for MCC then Spaced Invaders...
I know! That's just asinine (or as VIctor Borge said asiten!) Besides, Disney will put the Most obscure movies on DVD, but I'm still waiting for Ducktales the Movie to be rereleased! ANNOYING!!!!!

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Well, good thing I hesitated to pre-order it.

So what did we learn? Disney doesn't care.