McFarlane's Hanna Barbera Figures

Telly

Reaction score
Question - Has series two of McFarlane's Hanna Barbera line come out? I can't find them anywhere in town. Anyone know when Series 3 comes out?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Series 2 would be the one with Muttley and Penelope Pitstop and Flintstone ones, right? They've been out for a while now, but no one really buys them, and no one really carries them.

I HATE MacFarline toys, but these Hanna Barbera ones are intreguing. I have Hong Kong Phooey. I really want the Tom and Jerry and Muttley one.... even though it should have been with Dastardly instead of Penelope.

What is series 3 by the way?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, you really don't see these cartoons or characters like you used to at all anymore.

Telly

Reaction score
Series 3 was supposed to be...

Huckleberry Hound
The Jetsons
Secret Squirrel
The Great Grape Ape
Snagglepuss (my favorite)
Twinkle Toes Fred Flintstone
Quittin' Time Fred Flintstone (box set)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"Captain Caaaaaaaveeeeeemaaaaaaaaan!"

These have been out in the comic book shops and specialty toy stores for months now. I like the Captain Caveman one myself, but if I'm going to be collecting any new figures (Master Replica's photo puppets seem to be the focus of my funds) it will probably be a set of the Gorillaz action figures. Or this version of Batman from DC Direct. Just hope the detail and fabric wrinkles are the same. The Joker looks good from this series too, but Robin and the rest are kinda lack-luster. However, I really enjoy the beautiful sculpts on the ones listed. :flirt:

But, if they make Snagglepuss or Huckleberry Hound I might change my mind. These figures are fantastic! The McFarlane Simpsons ones are too, but just can't bring myself to buy anything (non DVD) Simpsons since the 90s. I tend to see their imagery too many places to want their peepers staring back at me in my apartment. Doh!

I actually enjoy many (not all) of McFarlane's toy sculpts. The Looney Tunes ones are a bit clunky and large. That and they should have made more Coyotes than Road Runners. It's kinda like makin' more Beakers than Bunsens. Sure they go together, but one is clearly a better stand-alone seller. :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Series 3 was supposed to be...

Huckleberry Hound
The Jetsons
Secret Squirrel
The Great Grape Ape
Snagglepuss (my favorite)
Twinkle Toes Fred Flintstone
Quittin' Time Fred Flintstone (box set)

Do they really expect anyone to ask for, or buy Grape Ape? Not one of their finest moments. Secret Squirrel sounds good though. And the Jetsons too.

Firstly, I hate how they call them "Action figures" when you can't even really pose them. They're more like dioramas if anything.

And secondly, between this and the Wallace and Grommit toy lines, I'm glad that they've gotten into something that isn't Twisted this, or feaky that or gothic hoo haa. I hated the Twisted Fairy Tale and Oz lines, and they look like something someone who is a danger to themselves and to others would come up with. I like fun, nostalic toys, and Memorabilia like that. Movie Merchandise, old toy lines, new toy lines, new toy lines based on old toy lines. But I don't collect "cool sculpt for the sake of cool sculpt" junk. And those "oh so hip" Kid Robot things (the Gorillaz ones look mighty cool, though)

Telly

Reaction score
If I can find Great Grape Ape I'll get him. He wasn't one of my favorite characters or anything, but I remember watching him on USA's Cartoon Express before leaving Sunday School. What I'd like to do is get any of the team members of the Scooby Doobies from Laugh-a-Lympics that McFarlane makes. Dynomutt would be freakin sweet!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess if you're a completist or something. I really wish they'd make a Deluxe Dastardly and Muttley in an airplane or something instead.

Here's to NEVER seeing Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan toys.

Telly

Reaction score
LoL Yeah I've tried watching Chan a few times. Yikes!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Grate Grape Ape! Hmm! Sounds like a fruity drink! Yummy!:smile: