Media Play will not carry series 9

WiGgY

Reaction score
Media play will not carry series 9. This means Suncoast and Sam Goody too. They won't have it. This means you either need to find a comic shop that sells the figures or order online. This also means that series 9 will have an even smaller run than series 8, maybe even smaller than series 3. So, pre-order now and make sure you will get your figures.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Been there done that! But thanks for the tip, I've already got the Classic Swedish Chef, Pops, Steppin' Out Fozzie, and the backstage playset on preorder from ebgames.com :big_grin:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats not good, it seems theyre getting smaller and smaller. I guess it means if we want these we have to stock up quick!

WiGgY

Reaction score
I also think this looks bad for series 10. It has already been pushed out of 2004. Now there is not a single chain of stores carrying the muppet line. Media Play was the last major retail outlet, if you could call them major, that I know of. I think series 9 is limited to online stores and comic shops. At least EBgames will still have them, but only a few stores will actually stock them. The line is slowly dieing at this point.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, but it makes no sense though :frown: The Muppet figures just keep getting better!

Raech

Reaction score
so what is swed. chef comming with so I can choose if I want him? :concern:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know if Palisades is gonna stop doing the "Three-paint" thing like they've done w/ Johnny and they're doing with Lips and Sal? It's a neat idea, but it makes me want to get them too badly! Which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how much cash I have :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Sal is still planned as a 3 paint as far as I know. Sometimes the 3-pint thing is cool, like with Jonny, and some times it seems stupid. I am glad we got a shifty sam in series 8 in stead of a 3 paint marvin which we would have gotten. At this time, it is unknown what is in series 11 or if there will be a series 11 so it is impossible to say if the 3-paint thing will continue.

I'm not 100% sure I like the Lips 3paint, but it is being done for a reason. The original pain6ts are so com-lex that they apprently need to make less per case to keep the cost down.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That really really really STINKS! now the figures aren't even in stores?!?! I still haven't found series 8 at Media Play yet and I was guessing maybe some stores aren't takening series 8! This "looks" like it would sure be a sign of things coming to an end! I hope not but if the figures aren't even in large retail stores, it doesn't look good.

Sal29

Reaction score
I just ordered the Johnny Fiama Casual Repaint and Steppin' Out Repaint figures from ebgames.com, haven't seen them in stores anywhere. I hope the Sal figures are not in short supply as he is the one I have been most looking forward to getting.