Meeting a "Sesame Street" legend...

Reaction score
Back in November '03, I was attending a convention in North Hollywood that was filled with numerous celebrities from different eras of the silver screen to television. It was a blessed event.

Alaina Reed-Hall ('Olivia' from "Sesame Street") was there-- attending with cast members from "227".

We talked at-length about "Sesame Street", and she said she loved the work on the show because it appealed to children and educated parents. I brought up the subject of when 'Mr. Hooper' died, and she reflected from when she read that episode's script. She called the show's producers because one line in the script said that "Mr. Hooper was dead." She thought at first that this would possibly be a little too much for children to hear, but they responded by saying that being direct is what the show is all about. She said that her favorite Muppet on the show was 'Oscar the Grouch'. When asked why she left the show-- she pointed down to the collection of 8x10 pictures on her table-- specifically to the cast photograph of "227." At first, when starting the NBC sitcom, she adjusted to doing both shows, but "Sesame Street" filmed strictly in New York, while "227" was based out of Los Angeles.

If you would like to see the autograph, click here

Erine81981

Reaction score
Did u ever ask her if she would ever make a return or cameo on any of the new seasons? I would love to see her on there again just for old times.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you know i've seen her in a couple of commercials 1 for some laxitive for it begins with a d. and i think she was also in a Disiney commercial.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That is SWEET Man!
I would have loved that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Loretta Long (Susan) visited my school when I was in 6th grade which was like back in 2000. We all (6th graders) were in the auditorium where she visited and told us a little bit about Sesame Street's beginning and her early daze on the show. Unfortunately she left before I could get her autograph :cry:: Oh well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
meeting Susan

I was fortunate enough to meet Susan ('scuse me, Dr. Loretta Long) at a booksigning over Thanksgiving weekend 1998. She has written a couple of children's books, and was very happy over the effects Sesame Street had on our generation.

By now in her sixties, she still looked almost exactly the same as she did in 1969. Bob on the other hand.... (PHEEEEEEEEWWWW!!!!!)

I was also lucky to get her to autograph my copy of the first Sesame album, which sorry, ain't going on ebay any time soon.

She was most impressed with seeing our generation (us thirtysomethings) take the lessons Sesame gently taught- loving people, being positive, keep your mind and heart open- and applying it to our lives and the world around us. We can and are making the world a better place. Ain't that something?

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Didn't a little birdie tell me that you once met Chris Cerf, too, Fuzzygobo? :flirt: