"Mega Man" will be getting a Mega-new Mega-animated series!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hecks no! Every single time, I try to keep the mental image of the better done Ruby Spears animated versions of the Mega Man universe characters as that's a more realistic human scale.
Might as well. Darn thing either blew up or trashed Dr. Light's lab.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, dunno. Doc Robot did a pretty good job at blowing up Light's lab from what I read at the Wiki.

Still got some research to do at the Wiki though concerning some one-shot characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doc Robot didn't do too much in Captain N. Then again that was one of the 11 minute episodes. It was also incredibly accurate to MM3's storyline (right down to Mega Man using the Shadow Blade to defeat the turtle tank boss in Wily's castle) and sadly the only good episode of the third season of the series. Though I kinda like the return to Tetris episode. And it's disappointing because if they did the full 20 minutes, we could have had an excellent MM3 adaption. Other than the fact that Doc Robot was a Dr. Wily clone that just happened to have Metal Man's powers (no small fault due to Nintendo of America's terrible translation of Doku Robot, or Skull Robot) and the fact that Gamma was a Smiley Face wearing a tie dyed shirt because "peace robot."

I tend to think Captain N at least got most of Mega Man mythos right. Aside from the fact he talks like one of Popeye's nephews. When they did the storyline for Mega Man one, they managed to get it mostly right. Right down to those freaking annoying Big Eye things that are impossible to defeat. Though, the layout of Cutman's stage is off, and they put all the robot masters in that one level for some reason. Funny thing, Jeffery Scott wrote that episode (all of season 1, actually) and he wrote a lot of the Mega man Ruby Spears series...including the episode where they adapted Mega Man 1.

Heck, even in Japanese, Dr. Wily has a German accent. So oddly enough Captain N and Ruby Spears were on the ball on that one.