"Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" and "A Sesame Street Christmas"

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still in a Christmas mindset for some reason, I need something to keep me happy in this freezing weather. :smile:

I was looking into buying all the Sesame Street Christmas albums (which I don't own in CD form for some reason) for next Christmas last month. One thing that threw me through a bit of a loop: the two albums "Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" and "A Sesame Street Christmas". I know the latter is a edited-down re-release of the first one but it seems that the re-release has songs that aren't on the original LP and vice versa if the iTunes samples are a sign of anything. So I have to ask, what are the differences between these two (what tracks are exclusive to the other, etc.)? Obviously "Merry Christmas..." is the better choice for Old School fans like myself but is the re-release worth purchasing as well?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Awesome! I love Christmas! And I stay in a Christmas mindset pretty much all year long.:smile:
("So keep Christmas with you all through the year, when Christmas is over- you can keep it near...")
I'm pretty sure those two albums are definitely different songs though.