Mew..er...New...Kitty in my house!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Actually this news is a bit old.So sorry for posting it two weeks late.
When we were up in NY for my niece's 1st birthday & Easter,my brother asked if we want his & my sis in law's tabby cat Spencer.They just don't really have time for Spencer anymore.Plus the baby's getting pretty quick,and although Spencer's declawed it wouldn't be fair for him to constantly get chased around. So we flew home w/Spencer two weeks ago.He seems to be getting along with my male cat Jebbie.But my female cat Petie is an entirely different story! :rolleyes: She hisses at him when he wants to make friends! Poor Spencer.
He's a handsome cat.Brown and black head and body,and white on his face,stomach & paws.Still kind of skittish around here but it'll take time.
>^..^< Kathy >^..^<

Skye

Reaction score
Awwwww! Spencer sounds like such a sweetheart! Absolutely beautiful, too. Congratulations on him! :excited:

I'm so glad things are going well with him and Jebbie. But I really hope things will start going much better with him and Petie very soon. Of course, it's very natural for it to take a little time. Good luck!

Spencer has a wonderful home. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He seems to be getting along with my male cat Jebbie.But my female cat Petie is an entirely different story! :rolleyes: She hisses at him when he wants to make friends! Poor Spencer.
Yyyyyeaaaaahhhhhhhh... you don't want to try to introduce your pet to a "new playmate".

When I had my bunnies, Cindy and Shirley, Cindy was killed by the neighborhood dog, and we feared Shirley would now be cold and lonely, so we went down to the petstore, and brought home a lil' lop-ear we named Phoebe; Shirley laid her eyes on Phoebe and immediately attempted to kill her, I kid you not! She got up ontop of Phoebe, and tried pushing down on her, attempting to break her back (which can kill a bunny instantly), but Phoebe managed to get out from under her grip, and the next thing we knew, Shirley was chasing Phoebe in little circles, snapping her teeth.

We "punished" Shirley for being so mean, and we had to take Phoebe back to the petstore so someone else could take her home.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Awwwww! Spencer sounds like such a sweetheart! Absolutely beautiful, too. Congratulations on him! :excited:

I'm so glad things are going well with him and Jebbie. But I really hope things will start going much better with him and Petie very soon. Of course, it's very natural for it to take a little time. Good luck!

Spencer has a wonderful home. :smile:
Thanks Caroline.
Yeah...Spencer seems to enjoy it here.He really loves my mom!He sits on her lap when she watches TV,and sleeps w/her. He slept with me once.But that was fine.At least he lets me pet him.

Yyyyyeaaaaahhhhhhhh... you don't want to try to introduce your pet to a "new playmate".

When I had my bunnies, Cindy and Shirley, Cindy was killed by the neighborhood dog, and we feared Shirley would now be cold and lonely, so we went down to the petstore, and brought home a lil' lop-ear we named Phoebe; Shirley laid her eyes on Phoebe and immediately attempted to kill her, I kid you not! She got up ontop of Phoebe, and tried pushing down on her, attempting to break her back (which can kill a bunny instantly), but Phoebe managed to get out from under her grip, and the next thing we knew, Shirley was chasing Phoebe in little circles, snapping her teeth.

We "punished" Shirley for being so mean, and we had to take Phoebe back to the petstore so someone else could take her home.
OMG about the bunnies Snowthers!:eek: I'd say Shirley had a jealous streak!
I don't think Petie'll do anything deathly to Spencer though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aw, glad you got a new cat to take hole Kathy! I hope you have a lot of fun with him!:smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Aw, that's great Kathy! New kitties are always fun!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's great Kathy. I hope all the kitties settle down friendly with each other eventually.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Aw, glad you got a new cat to take hole Kathy! I hope you have a lot of fun with him!:smile:
Aw, that's great Kathy! New kitties are always fun!
Thanks Alex & William!:smile:
Last night,though,there was a bit of a problem.I had my cat Petie on my bed.Suddenly I heard her growling & hissing.:eek: I looked on the floor & Spencer was there.Now,as I said,Petie really hates Spencer. I tapped her on the butt a few times to get her to stop.But did she?Noooo!Finally I just pushed her off the bed.Then Spencer ran too.
Hopefully Petie'll stop acting like this soon.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new kitty, Kathy! Spencer has a great new home, but I feel bad for the little guy, that Petie is still mean to him, after two weeks. I guess it's a territorial thing. But hopefully the two will become friends soon!:smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new kitty, Kathy! Spencer has a great new home, but I feel bad for the little guy, that Petie is still mean to him, after two weeks. I guess it's a territorial thing. But hopefully the two will become friends soon!:smile:
Thanks Tony!:smile: . And yeah...I'd say it's a terrotorial issue with Petie. I mean...she's been the last one here for the past (I'd say) 7 years.So there's probably jealousy in that tuxie colored body of hers. I do pay attention to her though.