Michael Jeter Died

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This stinks, he was a hilarious actor from Memphis, TN.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
This truly has been a sad couple of weeks in children's television.

R.I.P.
Fred Rogers
Lynne Thigpen
and now Micheal Jeter

ssetta

Reaction score
I think Michael Jeter might have actually been on Sesame Street before Elmo's World. Bill Irwin, the first Mr. Noodle was. He was in films such as "Does Air Move Things?", and "Break Dances at Bus Stop." I remember Jeter appeared in the Alphabet Song with Ray Charles back in Season 28, and he may have done a few other things.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just read the news yesterday after watching "The Green Mile" for the first time Monday night. I've loved Michael Jeter in everything I've seen him in, but I didn't know his name off-hand. I watched the credits of "The Green Mile" and made note of his name, and that was why it jumped out at me yesterday. I couldn't believe it! He was wonderful as Mr. Noodle, and he brought such joy and compassion to every role I've seen him in. He was so endearing in "Sister Act 2" and "The Boys Next Door", and I was incredibly moved by him in "The Green Mile". He was so young too, only 50. I was very sad to hear it. :cry:
Erin

DirthNader

Reaction score
Gosh. I never realized just how accomplished he was.

Peace be with you, Mr. Jeter.

Hays

Reaction score
When I was working as a puppeteer in Cincinnati I might have met him. I always wanted to find out if he was the man who came to my show and encouraged me to continue performing; I worked for another five years because of him.

The man I met said he was headed to New York City, where he was going to do a cabaret show; he said he did female impersonations but didn't do drag - just the singing. He was incredibly kind. I saw him in the Fisher King a couple of years later and swore that that was the guy! It's really sad he's gone - I don't know how I'm going to explain it to my son.

Regardless of whether I met him or not, he was an extremely talented performer, and a gracious representative of those of us who don't quite fit with the world right now. I will miss him.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
This truly has been a sad couple of weeks in children's television.

R.I.P.
Fred Rogers
Lynne Thigpen
and now Micheal Jeter
They say famous deaths happen in threes. Hopefully, this is the end for a while for the children's entertainers.

Tony

rcebrnr

Reaction score
i was just wondering. .

how was his death handled on sesame street.. /?
was it not dealt with or was there somthing similar to when Mr. Hooper died. ./?

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Well, season 34 was probably already "in the can" when it happened, so we'll probably have to wait till next year to see whether they deal with the death or just continue to use the old segments with him on.