Michael Moore's new movie?

muppetintherye

Reaction score
Who here has seen it? or will see it? I saw it with my family and I know there's disturbing images in it, but they are nothing compared to what is said the Patriot act has done to the USA: An old man is investigated by the FBI for saying bush is an **** casually to another guy at a health center, a woman is forced to drink her own breastmilk at an airport, and a peace group in Fresno is infiltrated by the police. Also, that the US has not only elected a president who makes Beavis and Butthead seem like Steven Hawking when the other candidate won, and that they decided to attack a country that posed no threat to them, starting a second Vietnam War and going against remarks made at the beginning of the administration just because his "Daddy" didn't kill Saddam when he was in office. How about, if the above isn't enough, new footage of soldiers feeling up an Iraqui prisoner? Or that after 9/11, Bush schedueled Bin LAden's relatives out of the country in a plane?
So, what do you think?
PS, how can i make a thread a "Sticky"?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
muppetintherye said:
Who here has seen it? or will see it?
So, what do you think?
I haven't seen it yet, but I might check it out eventually. Generally, politically charged films like this one bore me--after all, it's really just one person's slant on the whole thing. Someone else could just as easily make a movie that portrays Bush as a hero.

I don't agree with everything Bush has done, but I also don't know everything he does about the situation either. It'll be interesting to see how the movie does at the box office--the buzz is a little less than I expected actually.

muppetintherye said:
PS, how can i make a thread a "Sticky"?
You can't. Only the moderators can do that.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Morning.I remember when I was in training to work for a movie theater,and Roger & Me(early Moore film about Flint,Michigan) was playing.There were some images that weren't to appealing to me.And then the movie Bowling For Columbine came out,then this 9/11 movie,which I do want to see.I am not into anything political,but I do respect someone's opinion,no matter what the subject matter is.Michael Moore just makes us think about the underlying subject and subject matter that in his mind should be examined under a microscope,called the human eye.:smirk:

ceecee

Reaction score
My husband and I drove 90 miles each way to see "Farenheit 9/11." That's the closest theater we could find. It was well worth the trip. I've been a fan of Michael Moore since "TV Nation."

This movie may be slanted, but still, facts are facts.

If you're thinking of seeing this movie, I recommend it. The audience I was in gave it a huge round of applause at the end.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
not a michael moore fan.....I'm not into anything that's biased, that's why I watch the news :wink:

Mad Lil' Jerry

Reaction score
I have no interest in seeing the film, mainly due to the fact
that he treid to do a documentary that was littered with
untruthes... He got a poor reception at some movie award
ceremony for it. If it has misleading information in it, then
don't pass it off as fact.

The title is also a rip off of the book "Farenheit 451" which was
about censorship.

Take it for what you will...

-MLJ

ceecee

Reaction score
Mad Lil' Jerry said:
He got a poor reception at some movie award
ceremony for it.
He did? Well, he also won the Palm d'Orr at the Cannes Film Festival, which is the highest honor there.

I know this film is very controversial, and I don't want to start any fights, so that's all I'll say on the subject.

muppetintherye

Reaction score
ceecee said:
He did? Well, he also won the Palm d'Orr at the Cannes Film Festival, which is the highest honor there.

I know this film is very controversial, and I don't want to start any fights, so that's all I'll say on the subject.
He also got a 25-minute ovation.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I don't plan on going to see it. I'm not ready to get into politics quite yet... :rolleyes: