Miguel

dvakman

Reaction score
Before the Hal Miller Gordon, before the ill-fated Raul Julia/Charlotte Rae period of SS, there was Miguel. He may be the most obscure adult regular that was ever on the show. I don't see him mentioned very much.

There were four adult regulars during the original 1969/1970 season: Gordon (Matt Robinson), Susan, Bob and Mr. Hooper. The second season was the same, except that in a number of the episodes there was an additional cast member, Miguel, played by Jaime Sanchez. Only one of the Unpaved episodes features him.

At the beginning of the third season, Miguel is gone, never to be seen again. There are many new adult characters introduced including two of hispanic descent, Luis and Rafael (Raul Julia).

Does anyone remember watching Miguel as a child? Was he featured in a number of episodes? Did he ever interact with any of the other adults?

BWSmith

Reaction score
Perhaps the Amazing Mumford waved his magic wand and turned Miguel into a Snuffleupagus, and the rest is history?
:stick_out_tongue:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I have a non-Noggin 1970 episode of SS (in black and white, no less) that features Miguel.

Miguel just seemed like a rude person. Not outwardly rude, but not the warmest guy around, ya know? Perhaps he just didn't have the "warmth" of Luis.

dvakman

Reaction score
Wow, jeffkjoe, are you pulling my leg? That's quite a find!

What other episodes do you have in your collection? Maybe we can do some trades. please e-mail me at cdvorak@tulane.edu.

Chris