Million puppet project

DannyRWW

Reaction score
This group is trying to make a world record for the most puppets gathered in one display. I don't know if anyone is participating in this but you can find info at www.millionpuppets.com. My 4th grade students made some puppets using a pattern from John Kennedy's "Puppet Mania" book.

TherianPrime

Reaction score
That seems like a great idea... too bad they won't return any puppets sent to them or I would totally send a couple of mine to participate.

RockerRob

Reaction score
I like this idea. Being a part of a world record is all well and good, but the puppets going to needy families and children though out the world is better. I made some Project Puppet Glorified Sock Puppet pattern to make a bunch of "blank" puppets for the young women to decorate as part of a humanitarian aid project, then they were sent who knows all around the world. It was fun and some really cute puppets came out of that day. Kids should have puppets to help them use their imaginations and express themselves to others better. *Steps down from soap box*.

Yeah! A million puppets!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
having your students participate is an awesome idea! I wonder if my class would be interested in making puppets they don't keep.

First thing I hear when we start construction of any puppet "will we be able to take this home? When?"

DannyRWW

Reaction score
We made ours to send and then some to keep for the ones who wanted to make extra.