Minor Henson Mentions in Disney Magazine, MTV, and MTV2

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
There were very minor Henson mentions on MTV and MTV2 in the past week. On Monday's MTV2 Rock, the VJ was interviewing the band Jane's Addiction. The band said they recorded their album or single at the Henson Recording Studio, formerly A&M, which had "a good vibe."

On Tuesday's TRL (that day hosted by my girl Michelle Branch, who also recorded something at Henson at one time), VJ Hillary was concluding an interview with "Hulk" star Jennifer Connelly, and said to her "I've been a fan since 'Labyrinth.'" She actually knew what the movie was and I thought that was cool.

And in the Summer 2003 issue of Disney Magazine, there was a question in the "Ask Dave" (as in Dave Smith, director of the Walt Disney Archives) section:

I recall a show from my childhood that featured Jim Henson's Muppets going to Walt Disney World. I can't remember if it was an actual movie or a special on "The Wonderful World of Disney." Please let me know if this was a movie and if it is available to own.
Cody Andrus
Salinas, California

"The Muppets at Walt Disney World," directed by Peter Harris, was a television show that aired in 1990. In it, Kermit and his friends go to Paradise Swamp in Florida and then decide to visit nearby Walt Disney World, where Mickey Mouse welcomes Kermit as an old friend. Unfortunately, the show has not been available on video.

There's also a black-and-white picture with Kermit (with a banjo), Robin, and bunch of other frogs with Cinderella Castle in the background and under it reads "FROG SONGS: The Muppets visited Walt Disney World on May 6, 1990."

On that note, might as well say there's also a Downtown Disney Hotels ad in the magazine with pictures of Disney World icons (the Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, the Dumbo Ride), as well as a picture of Kermit and Fozzie in Muppet*Vision 3D. Two issues ago, there was a bigger ad with Disney World icons plus a picure of Bear in the Big Blue House stage show.

Just thought I'd share. Laterz!