Minor Muppetz' MT! outline: Tommy Chong

minor muppetz

Reaction score
here is an outline for Muppets Tonight!, taking place in the first season. I apologize for having it focus on Andy and Randy Pig. I also apologize for the "very special episode".

Cold Opening/ Hallway
Clifford and Nigel the Conductor are discussing the show when they walk past the closet that obviously has smoke coming out the door. Nigel thinks it is their guest star, Tommy Chong, and regrets allowing him to be the guest, but when they open the door they are surprised to learn that it is Andy and Randy, smoking cigarettes, and Nigel regrets allowing them to work on the show.

(commercial break)

Controll Room
Clifford Gives the pigs a hard way to go about smoking, and then goes onstage to start the show. The Bird Announcer introduces "Muppets Tonight! with your host, Clifford!"

Introduction
Clifford announces that tonights guest star is Tommy Chong, but first here are Cheetah and Kong.

Cheetah and Kong
Cheeta and Kong are basically a parody of Cheech and Chong, with Cheetah being a Cheetah and Kong being a gorrillia.
Cheetah: So, Kong, I hear that you have been selling grass, man.
Kong: Yeah, man, you wanna buy some?
Cheetah: No, I already have some in my back yard.

Controll Room
Sam tells Andy and randy that smoking is unamerican, and tells them that they are too young to smoke.
Sam: "uh... I think [that your too old]. How old are you two, anyway?"
Andy and Randy: (think for a few seconds) "uh... This jobs too hard!".
Clifford informs them that he called their aunt Piggy, and when she shows up she will be mad.

Song: Up In Smoke
Thommy Chong sings the title song from Cheech & Chongs Up In Smoke in a bedroom that has smoke coming out of the drawers, bed and windows. a fireman shows up to put out the fire, but smoke comes out of the hose instead of water.

Nursing Home
Statler and Waldorf don't carefor the drug humor on the show, while being oblivious to the fire in the nursing home.

Lobby
Miss Piggy storms in, telling Bobo who she is, but bobo doesn't let her in (because her name is not on the list, since she just got called in). She karate chops Bobo. Bobo (gasping hard) tells her to have a nice day.

Controll Room
Sam has a topic for his segment, and forces Andy and Randy (and Tommy Chong) on-stage to be his guests. Johnny Fiama and Sal are disapointed that they are not goign to be in the sketch as planned.

The Eagles Nest
The topic is "Smoking Youth". Andy and Randy act stupider than usual (due to smoking),, and Tommy Chong says that he doesn't really think smoing is good, it's just a character he plays that has a drug problem. However, sam still thinks that Tommy Chong is a bad influence.

Controll Room
Miss Piggy arrives and talks to Andy and Randy about their problem. They tell her that some cool pig told them that smoking is cool. Miss Piggy tells them that they shoudl quit smoking, but randy reminds Miss Piggy of all the time sshe told them that quiting gets you nowhere.

(commercial break)

Introduction
Clifford introduces a singign basketball, "Basketball Jones".

Song: Basketball Jones
Basketball Jones sings the song that he is named after. he also says that he wants to play for Indiana so that he can change his name to Indiana Jones.

Office
Kermit tells Clifford to fire Andy and Randy if they don't stop smoking soon. Kermit also regrets letting Tommy Chong be the guest.

Outside
Andy and Randy take Miss Piggy to an alley so that she can meet their drug dealer, The Big Pig. She meets the big pig (who is the warthog puppet from the "There are many of us who are ugly" number from the Milton berle episode of The Muppet Show). The Big Pig blows smoke in Piggys face and makes fat jokes, so she karate chops him, and threatens to do the same to andy and randy if they don't give up smoking pronto (Andy and Randy: "Smoking is too hard!").

Closing Act
Tommy Chong plays an arab in an arabian nights setting. He gives wishes to Gonzo (who wants some chicken dnacers), Rizzo (who wants more cheese), and Kermit (who wants to close the show by singing "Summertime").

(commercial break)

Nursing Home
The fire is put out. Statler tells waldorf that smoking is for losers, and waldorf figures that statler smokes (implying that "statler is a loser").

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Cold Opening/ Hallway
Clifford and Nigel the Conductor are discussing the show when they walk past the closet that obviously has smoke coming out the door.
oops! I hope you all know that I meant "nigel the director", not conductor.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
so, does anybody like this one?

in case you are wondering, here are some of the performers:

Kevin Clash as The Big Pig.
Frank Oz as the firefighter.
Bill Barretta as Cheetah.
Dave Goelz as Kong.
Brian Henson as Basketball Jones.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oops, missed this one yesterday- I like it a lot! hehe, "quiting gets you nowhere"... "smoking is too hard"... hehehehehe

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I liked the running gag of Andy and Randy smoking. I could easily imagine it being done on the actual show. The warthog was an excellent choice for the drug-dealer.