Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Bob Newhart

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is my second outline for The Muppet Show, featuring Bob Newhart and taking place in the fourth season.

Cold Opening/ Dressing Room
Scooter tells bob newhart that he has fifteen seconds to curtain, but he is busy trying to convince other muppets (fozzie, rowlf, boppity, lou, green hunchback frackle, and the newsman) that he isn't really a psychiatrist.

Introduction
Kermit mentions that tonights guest star is someone who is just as sane as he is, Bob newhart, and intoduces the electric mayhem.

Opening Number: My Generation
Floyd sings lead vocals on my generation (the background is like the background in the song "Wild Thing").

Balcony
statler and waldorf comment on how their generation is different from the bands (the band plays in the theatre, and the old guys watch).

Canteen
The Muppaphones decide to go on strike, so marvin Suggs needs a replacement in time for his act.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Bob newhart.

Sketch
Bob Newhart is in a telephone booth, talking on the phone while Doglion impatiently waits to use the phone. After Bob is done, Doglion uses the phone and says, "it is 11: 56. do you know where your children are?".

Balcony
statler has a phone conversation, but waldorf questions whetehr statler is actualkly talking to somebody.

backstage
Gonzo agrees to let Marvin Suggs hit him. Although Gonzo enjoys the pain, marvin needs multiple singers (of the same species) to make a perfect sound.

Muppet Sports
Lew Zeland participaits in the annual boomerang fish throwing tournament, but he misses the fish when it comes back, and the fish hits Louis Kazager.

Muppet News
The newsman: "here is a Muppet news Flash. lew zeland won the Boomerrang Fish throwing Tournament, but since he was the only contestant, he does not qualify. in other news..." (a boomerang fish hits the newsman on the head).

U.K. Spot: backstage
Since Rowlfs act has been cancled, rowlf decides to take a nap, but there is too much noise backstage (crazy harry sets off explosions, animal plays the drums, foo foo barks to death, several penguin play tag, the swedish chef chases after a chicken and a rat, and luncheon counter monster eats too loudly).

Pigs In Space
After being marooned in space for fourteen straight weeks, the swinetrek crew start to go crazy, so dr. strangepork calls a space psychiatrist (Bob newhart) to make them sane. however, after an attack by Chopped-Liver Monster, Boppity, male Koozebanian creature and female koozebanian creature, the psychiatrist goes crazy.

Muppet Labs
the boomerange fish tournament apparantly inspired Bunsen to invent the Boomerang Knife, which beaker throws and catches, but he catches the blade part, cutting his hand.

Introduction
Kermit introduces marvin Suggs and the chickens.

Sketch
Marvin Suggs hits chickens with his mallet.

The Swedish Chef
The swedish Chef decides to cook a Muppaphone, who likes being abused by The swedish Chef less than being abused by Marvin Suggs. Marvin Suggs comes to the rescue by hitting the swdish chef with his mallet.

Backstage
marvin Suggs apologizes to the Muppaphones, who end their strike. However, marvin Suggs makes an evil laugh once they leave.

Closing Act
Bob Newhart does a closing act with Fozzie, "Who's on First?".

Good Night
kermit and Bob newhart are joined by Marvin Suggs, Beauregard, Annie Sue Pig, Lew Zeland, and the Muppaphones.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
actually, I have thought of a better cold opening than what I included.

Scooter: Bob Newhart! Bob Newhart! Fifteen seconds to curtain, Mr. Newhart!

Bob Newhart: Thanks Scooter.

(Scooter leaves, and Bob talks to Statler and Waldorf)

Bob Newhart: I keep telling you, Just because I play a psychiatrist on TV doesn't mean that I really am a psychiatrist.

Waldorf: We don't care! just cure our problem!

Statler: Yeah, we hate this show, but we still come here every week. why?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I like the new cold opening. In fact, I like the whole thing! Love seeing Marvin Suggs have a bigger role in the backstage stuff. Very cool.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If you are wondering who is supposed to perform who:

•Richard Hunt performs Doglion.
•The Muppahones are perormed by Jim Henson, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire (he play the one who appears in the swedish chefs sketch), and Richard Hunt.
•in the Pigs in Space sketch, Chopped-liver monster is performed by richard hunt, boppity is performed by dave goelz, male koozebanian creature is performed by steve whitmire, and female koozebanian crature is performed by kathy mullen.