Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Diahann Carroll

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the first season.

Introduction
Kermit announces that it's time to be alone again, natually.

opening number: Alone Again, Natually
Floyd sings and plays his bass alone in a dark alley while sitting on a bench.

Balcony
Statler says that he and Waldorf are "together again, natually".

Backstage
Scooter tells Kermit that he is taking a photography class and needs to get a picture of Kermit. Kermit says that he is too busy, but obliges when Scooter mentions that his uncle who owns the theatre would be disapointed if he doens't get a passing grade.

vendaface
A lady goes to get her face changed, but it turns out the same.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Diahann Carroll.

song: You're So Vain
Diahann carroll sins to a mutation who is busy looking at himself in a hand-held mirror. After the song is over, Sweetums enters, takes the mirror away, and eats it.

backstage
Miss Piggy is flattered when Scooter asks to take a picture of her. However, she is upset when he only wants to take one picture (and more upset when she learns that he only wants a picture of her for a class and not for no reason).

At The Dance

Mildred: george, this floor is slippery. I think you should mop it better.
George: What? and stop dancing? (they both slip)

Shouting lady: (shouting) hey, herman! This floor is too slip---
(they both slip and the shouting lady screams really loud)

purple jugband member: yee-haw!
little girl jugband member: this slippery floor is fun.
(they slide around)

Gonzo: you know, this slippery floor is great. I hope it is still this slippery when I do my act later.
lady in pink sweater: well, you can't always get what you want.

u.k. spot: you can't always get what you want
dr. teeth and the electric mayhem perform the rolling stones song.

Balcony
Statler: they call it "you can't always get what you want", but I think a more appropiate title should be "you can't ever get what you want".
Waldorf: why's that?
Statler: this show is always canceled.

talk spot
Scooter comes on-stage to take a picture of Diahann Carroll. Kermit is annoyed that Scooter couldn't wait untill she went backstage to get a picture. Diahann is also upset becasue of this. Scooter ignores their complaints.

Introduction
Sam introduces Wayne and Wanda.

song: must have been a beautiful baby
Scooter interrupts their song and takes their picture. Wayne and wanda are not happy.

Introduction
Kermit introduces the great gonzo.

Gonzos Act
Gonzo tells the audience that he will tap dance and slip on the slippery floor. However, Gonzo is disapointed that he does his entire tap dancing act without slipping. The audience cheers, but Gonzo sees their applause as jeers, thinkign that they know nothing about great art.

Backstage
Gonzo complains to george because he mopped the floor a second time and made it too dry to be slippery.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Fozzie bear.

Fozzies act
Fozzies monologue gets interrupted by Scooter, who wants to take Fozzies picture. Statler and Waldorf make a complaint to Scooter that interrupting Fozzies act is their job. Fozzie agrees with them, and Scooter takes their picture from the stage.

closing number: I Get By With A Little help from My friends
Diahann starst the song alone in a forrest, but eventually gets joined by Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Droop, Mildred, the swedish chef, Bunsen, a frog, Wayne, the jugblower from the gogolala jubilee jugband, boppity, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Hilda, and trumpet girl.

Good Night
Scooter gets kermit to agree to let him take a group picture featuring Diahann, kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Crazy Harry, Shouting Lady, Gonzo, a Mutation, the purple guy from the gogolala jubilee jugband, and a chicken.

after credits
Scooter comes to the balcony to take a picture of the orchestra.
When Zoot starst to blow his horn, he gets interrupted by the picture flash and doens't blow a note.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
if you are wondering, here are who some characters would be performed by:

Purple jugband member- Jim Henson.
Little Girl Jugband Member- Eren Ozkar.
Gonzos dance partner- Dave Goelz.
lady from vendaface skit- Eren ozkar.

All other characters who don't have any consistant performers wouldn't have any solo lines.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The jokes involving the slippery floor during At the Dance were brilliant.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetMarc said:
Uhh, who's Diahann Carroll?
She was (I'm not sure if she's still alive or still in show buisness) an african american actress who starred on a sitcom called Julia. It aired in the late 1960s (and possibly early 1970s). She also guest starred on an episode of The Flip Wilson Show which also guest starred Kermit and two whatnots, and she had a scene with Kermit in that episode.