minor muppetz' TMS outline: John Belushi

minor muppetz

Reaction score
and now, ladies and gentlemen, here is an outline that takes place during the fifth season.

cold opening/ lobby
John belushi makes it clear to pops that the only reason he is appearing on the show is because it counts as part of his community service hours.

introduction
kermit mentions that since John Belushi is only on the show to work off his community service hours, he is doing what the muppets want him to do, not what he wants.

opening number: Flight Of The Bumblebee
John belushi dresses in a bee suit, flying in the sky. he is joined by fozzie, gonzo, gaffer, rizzo, lou, and link in bee suits.

Balcony
statler and waldorf hated that, so a group of bees attack them.

Backstage
Kermit: well, thanks for doing the show, John.
John Belushi: (angry) go away! as you know, I don't like you mucking fuppets! and as you know, I am only doing this show to work off my community service. (angrily leaves)
Kermit: (shocked) well, then this show might not go very smoothly....

Introduction
kermit introduces the great gonzo.

Gonzos Act
Gonzo plays the harp while covered with honey. a group of bees attack him.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf are satisfied that the bees left them and attacked gonzo. then the bees come back.

Song: locamotion
On a train, Miss Piggy sings the lead vocals, the female singers sing back-up vocals, and Zoot plays the sax.

U.K. Spot: close to you
Janice sings close to you. Rowlf plays piano, animal plays drums, and floyd plays a harp.

Introduction
Kermit announces that Gonzo has perfected his act, and that all of the bees have left the theatre.

Gonzos Act
Once again, Gonzo plays harp while covered in honey, but a bear attacks Gonzo.

Introduction
kermit announces that the swedish chef will be joined by the sammuari chef.

The Swedish Chef
John Belushi plays his sammuari character, who helps the swedish chef cut pieces of bread by tossing the bread in the air and cutting them. However, the swedish chef doesn't get a chance to cook because of the sammuari chef, so he shoots him with a cannon.

Backstage
the theatre is now surrounded by bees. Pops tries to use a flyswatter, but it is not powerful enough. Animal tries eating the bees, but they sting his throat. lew zeland tries throwing boomerang fish at the bee, and crazy harry tries to blow them up.

Musical Number
A big horn instrument number, featuring Zoot, Lips, the Tuba Player from geri and the atrics, trumpet Girl (on trombone), and three snerfs. However, the bees come on-stage and start getting in their instruments (and in the snerfs noses) and chase the musicians off-stage. the audience runs out of the theatre, too.

Wings
Kermit and Scooter observe the audience as they all leave.

backstage
Bunsen and Beaker have invented a machine that can destroy all bees in the theatre. beaker presses one button, but all it does is squirt honey on beaker, attracting bees (and bears). Bunsen presses the button that Beaker should have pressed, but instead of destroying bees, it destroys other objects backstage. John Belushi arrives and is ready for the closing number. Althouhg he is told that the audience has left, he doesn't care (nobody would be watching, anyway).

Closing Number: The name game
dressed in a shiney tuxedo, and backed by dr. teeth and the electric mayhem, John Belushi sings the name game, and shouts the names of the bees that show up on-stage. statler, waldorf, and various audience members keep coming back during the show.

Good Night
Gonzo has decided to do his act one more time: instead of being covered in honey, Gonzo dresses in moldy cornbread, but this attracts Gorgon Heap, Luncehon Counter Monster, and Dark Green Hunchback Frackle. The swedish chef, gaffer, and zoot also appear on-stage.

after credits
waldorf finds a bee hive in the balcony.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Do you really think they could get away with the line "mucking fuppets"? Funny thing about ol' Belush- so many things to like about his talent, so many things to hate about the man, and his hatred of the Muppets (and comediennes, for that matter) tops the list. I wonder if he would've liked them better if they hadn't been sharing his show.

Anyway, I really liked this outline. Loved the bee running gag, loved the substitution of the bear in the Gonzo reprise, loved the squirting honey on Beaker gag, and the horn number and goodnights.

Does John's attitude improve at all during the course of his performance on the show, or is he the same at the end as he was in the beginning?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Does John's attitude improve at all during the course of his performance on the show, or is he the same at the end as he was in the beginning?
It hardly improves. He appears to be cheerful during the closing number. for the good night he doesn't really say much, since Gonzo is the focus of that scene.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Funny thing about ol' Belush- so many things to like about his talent, so many things to hate about the man, and his hatred of the Muppets (and comediennes, for that matter) tops the list. I wonder if he would've liked them better if they hadn't been sharing his show.
I wonder if he would have liked to have worked with the muppets after they became more famous. I know that Frank Oz had a cameo in The Blues brothers, and John belushi might have remembered him from when the muppets were on his show (unless he didn't pay attention to the performers due to hating them), although I guess John probably didn't have any say over whether Frank Oz made a cameo or not. I know that the movie also has a few refferences to the muppets, but I am not sure if John Belushi had any say about a muppet refference (Did John Belushi even help write the blues brothers movie?).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I thought Dan Aykroyd wrote both Blues Bros. movies.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
According to IMDb, Dan Aykroyd and John Landis co-wrote both "The Blues Brothers" and "Blues Brothers 2000".

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very very good. Though I agree with Dave about the Mucking Fuppets line.
They could never have really used it on the show, but it is funny as a fan-fic.