Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Orson Wells

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline is part of the fourth season and features Orson Wells. I hope that you all enjoy it.

:big_grin:

Cold opening/ Dressing Room
Scooter sees Orson Wells being attacked by Behemoth, Gorgon heap, male Koozebanian Creature, Female Koozebanian Creature, and the Koozebanian Phoob.

Introduction
Kermit announces that Orson Wells will be doing an opera for the opening number.

Opening Number
Orson Wells sings an opera with Big Mama, Thog, and Sweetums. However, when the monsters prove to be better opera singers that Orson Wells, Orson takes a butcher knife and chases after them.

backstage
Sam congraduates Sweetums for his great operatic singing voice, and thinks he deserves a grammy, only sam doens't have one to give sweetums.

Blowing in the Wind
Jerry leads the jugband with Blowing In The Wind, as the wind blows really hard.

Dressing Room/ Backstage
Orson and Gonzo rehearse for an act that they plan on doing later in the show, a play with chickens (including camillia) and rats (including rizzo). orson and gonzo play frightened victims, who are scared that the space chickens and rats are coming to the Muppet Theatre to take away all of the muppets souls. Beauregard, wanting orson wells' autograph, comes to the door shortly after they started rehearsing, and thinks that space chickens and rats really are invading the muppet theatre. he panics. He overhears The newsman talking about not having a news story, and beauregard tells the newsman about what he just heard.

Muppet news
The newsman reports that space chickens and space rats are invading the mupept theatre, planning on taking the muppets souls. members of the audience run away in panic.

balcony
Statler and Waldorf are not too scared, figuring that their souls would be safe since they don't like the muppets.

Backstage
kermit tells everybody not to panic, but everybody is panicking too much to pay attention.

U.K. Spot/ Backstage
Fozzie disguises himself as a chicken. Kermit doesn't think that Fozzie looks like a chicken, untill Gonzo flirts with him. Camillia gets jealous.

Dressing Room
Scooter tells Orson Wells about the space chickens and space rats that are coming. orosn tells Scooter that he was just practicing for a play.

Backstage
Orson reassures everybody that he and gonzo were just rehearsing for a play. Everyone is relieved. Kermit then remembers that a play was scheduled but didn't know what it was going to be about. Then, space chickens and space rats really do invade the muppet theatre. They threaten to take the muppets souls away. Kermit tells them that the entire audience left becasue of the chickens and rats, so the rest of the show was canceled. The rats manage to bring all of the audience members back, then want to be in the show. However, the chickens and rats don't want to be part of orsons play, and threaten to take their souls away if the play isn't cancled. They then have a suggestion....

Pigs In Space
the chickens and rats invade the swinetrek. Link tries to get rid of them in an intelligence test, which Link fails. Dr. strangepork tries to blast them with a gun, but he forgot to load it. Miss Piggy defeats them with some karate chops.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf clap against their own will, thanks to the chickens and rats.

Backstage
Bunsen perfects a machine that can trap the chickens and rats into a blob, but accidently gets Beaker trapped. The chickens and rats leave, but subsequently get chased by The Swedish Chef.

Closing Number: Time of the Season
Dr. Teeth and the electric mayhem perform in a forrest, which goes from a spring setting (filled with flowers), to a summer setting (with brighter green grass), to a fall setting (with brown leaves), to a winter setting (with snow).

Good Night
Oroson is thankful that he didn't have to do a closing number, and Beaker is out of the glob. kermit, beaker, and orson are joined by Zoot, Rizzo, Miss Piggy, and Dr. Strangepork.

Balcony
Statler and waldorf are still clapping. Statler asks if it will ever stop.

DTF

Reaction score
Awesome homage to War of the Worlds - I dont' have time to do every one but I do read the ones with people I know/have heard of, and this was super.

Sweetums an opera singer - that's priceless!

Jamie Farr and Gonzo. I cn't think of anything else, but I just thought it might inspire you - it's something I'd love to see. (Farr, of course, played, Klinker,t he guy always doing weird stuff to get a Section 8 on M*A*S*H. Wonder if Statler and Waldorf might try some of his tricks to get out of watchingt he show, too.)

Anyway, even if you don't do Farr, good luck with lal your other ideas.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
DTF said:
Sweetums an opera singer - that's priceless!
In my mind, I would have Louise Gold perform Big Mama, so the opera-singing monsters would be performed by Richard Hunt (Sweetums), Jerry Nelson (Thog), and Louise Gold (Big Mama), three performers who are considered by many fans to have the best singing voices (although I am not too good at identifying the difference between good singing and bad singing).

DTF said:
Jamie Farr and Gonzo. I cn't think of anything else, but I just thought it might inspire you - it's something I'd love to see. (Farr, of course, played, Klinker,t he guy always doing weird stuff to get a Section 8 on M*A*S*H. Wonder if Statler and Waldorf might try some of his tricks to get out of watchingt he show, too.)

Anyway, even if you don't do Farr, good luck with lal your other ideas.
I have thought about doing a jamie farr outline, but i haven't given it much thought. I don't know if the plot would involve jamie farr or not, and I haven't thought of any sketches for him. I guess he would work well with Gonzo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
space rat and space chicken performers

If I was casting the performers, then the space rats would all be performed by Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and Dave Goelz. The rats (besides Rizzo) who rehearse for the played would be performed by Richard Hunt and Jim Henson.

The space chickens would be performed by Louise Gold, Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, and Richard Hunt. The chickens (besides camillia) who rehearse are performed by Kathy Mullen, Louise Gold, and Frank Oz.

None of the monsters or creatures in the cold opening would have any specific lines, but Jim Henson and Frank Ozs voices would be heard grunting and growling.