Minor muppetz' TMS outline: Penny Marshall

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the fourth season.

Cold Opening/ dressing room
Scooter: Penny Marshall! Fifteen seconds 'till curtain, miss marshall!
Penny marshall: okay, Scooter, but Kermit said that I would get paid before i went on-stage.
Scooter: Oh, that's right. (gives her a sack of money) here is your pay, five thousand dollars.
penny marshall: Why does that bag sound like it is full of change?
Scooter: oh, because we are paying you in pennies.
Penny Marshall: (sarcastically, looking at camera) terriffic. Think about how I'd get paid if my name was Quarter Marshall.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Floyd and janice.

Opening Number: The Beat Goes On
Floyd and janice sing while Animal pounds on the drums.

balcony
Statler: (singign) .. the beat goes on..
Animal: (popping out of balcony) Beat? (starts beating Statler) The Beat Goes On! The Beat Goes On!

Muppet Labs
Bunsen invents a new kind of body lotion that can make you more powerful. He rubs it on Beaker, who grows moldy moss on his head.

Backstage
Bunsen tells Beaker that he will find a way to bring Beaker back to normal. Meanwhile, Penny Marshall tells Kermit thta she is ready to go on.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Penny Marshall.

sketch
Penny Marshall plays a tour guide at a museum. Her customers include Sam The Eagle, Scooter, Lew Zeland, The Newsman, Annie Sue Pig, Zelda Rose, and Nigel The Conductor. He talks about a painting of a penguin on a motorcycle, and cracks that it was painted by her three year old son. She also shows a picture of an eagle playing cards with a fish. Lew Zeland likes it, but Sam wonders why an eagle is playing cards underwater, thinking it is unrealistic (Penny: Because eagles don't go underwater? Sam: No, because I don't like to play cards). She then takes questions from the customers. Zelda Rose asks why pancakes are not made from xylophones, lew Zeland asks why the place doesn't smell like fish, and Sam asks himself why he agreed to do that sketch.

Backstage
The newsman has to get ready for Muppet News. He obviosuly didn't watch Muppet Labs, because he uses the Muppet Labs Body Lotion, which makes his face grow moldy moss. He tells Scooter to tell Kermit to cancle his act. Scooter says that his uncle who owns the theatre is in the audience and would be disapointed if there wasn't a Muppet News sketch. The Newsman goes on.

Canteen
Beaker has now grown fangs, his hair has grown longer, his eyes have gotten bigger and wider, and his voice is deeper. Bunsen starts to worry.

U.K. Spot
Gonzo sings as camillia and several other chickens lean on him.

The Swedish Chef
The Swedish Chef chops up some meat, singign to the tune of "The beat Goes On" as he chops up the meat into six slices, but the slices fly away. The Swedish Chef points his gun at the slices, and small round chunk of the meat fall from the slices, only to bounce away.

Balcony
Statler: What was that tune that The swedish Chef was singing?
Waldorf: "The Meat Goes ON"

Backstage
Beaker has grown four extra eyes, a large black eyebrow (like Sweetums' eyebrows), and is now going psyco, destroying everything he can. Animal tries to attack beaker, but Beaker is too powerful for Animal. Miss Piggy karate chops him, but chopping him only hurts her arm very badly.

Sketch
Penny Marshall plays a jungle lady servant while Link Hogthrob plays a jungle king and Gonzo plays the jungle assistant. Link orders Penny and Gonzo to find him an alligator for supper. They find the alligator, who wants to eat them for supper. Gonzo asks nicely for the alligator to come meet the king. He accepts, and brings along a guest (Quongo The Wild Mountain Gorrillia). Link is excited to have an alligator and a gorrillia for supper, but not when he learns that they have better cookign skills than the rest of the jungle.

Backstage
The Swedish Chef is jealous of the alligator because the alligator is a better cook. meanwhile, Beaker is chaisng Bunsen but eventually smoke comes out of beaker, causing an explosion which causes beaker to be back to normall. However, The Newsman still has moss over his face and is more of a monster than Beaker was, chasing Bunsen and Beaker out of the theatre.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Penny marshall for one last time.

Closing Number: Pennies From Heaven
Penny Marshall plays an angel in heaven who tosses pennies to her fellow angels (including Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Beauregard, Annie Sue Pig, and Mildred).

Good Night
Kermit realizes that The newsman will probably get back to normall soon because beaker did, but they then get joined by Uncle Deadley, Boppity, Gorgon Heap, Miss Kitty, and Green Hunchback Frackle.

after credits
The newsman: (in a dark alley) hey, I am back to normal.
Beautiful Day Monster: Hey, can I have your autograph.... Ahhhh! (shouting) The newsmans back to normall! Run for your lives!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In my vision, here is who some of the characters would be performed by.

Beautiful Day Monster- Jerry Nelson.
Zelda Rose- Kathy Mullen.
Alligator- Steve Whitmire.
Quongo- Frank Oz.
Chickens- Jim Henson, Louise Gold, Kathy Mullen, Richard Hunt, and Frank Oz.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
What was Gonzo singing in the UK skit? "Lean on me"?
Yes. I thought I mentioned that he sang that song in the u.k. spot. I don't know how I forgot to mention what the song in th u.k. spot was. oops.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That has to be one of your funniest outlines I've seen yet