MirrorMask

RobUK

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know much about this MirrorMask? It sounds pretty good, although it would sound better if Brian Froud were involved! Are there going to be a lot of puppets in it?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid but what is mirror mask? I dont think ive heard of it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Is it still just a direct to video release? It sounds like they're putting an awful lot of work into it...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's still intended for video/DVD only. I think their motivation was the fact they made a lot of money on Henson's previous fantasy releases so they wanted to try something new but low-budget and avoid the extra $20 million or so it costs to do a theatrical release. I hope it sells really well when it comes out but it should considering Gaiman and McKean are working on it.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
That would be nice! But I would rather watch it in the summer, because most of the fantasy films make me think of summer.

*hums Labyrinth tune*

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
That would be nice! But I would rather watch it in the summer, because most of the fantasy films make me think of summer.

*hums Labyrinth tune*
That's funny, cuz most fantasy films make me think of fall/winter. It just seems like a good time to set it, because that's when everything looks so different. If you're looking for a creepy effect, go with the winter when everything's dark and dead. Otherwise, fall or spring when everything's either coming up, or turning color. Sort of an other worldly effect.

That's just me though.

RobUK

Reaction score
Summer

I think Summer is best for films like this too, reminds you of summer holidays when you were a kid and that sense of adventure!