Miss Piggy: "Heavyset" sterotype?

Tera

Reaction score
I like the fact that Miss Piggy is Rubenesque! The only thing that bothers me is that seems to be almost all there is to her character these days.
She's gone from a very 3-d character to a 2-d one. On the Muppet Show she did a great many different skits, some with starring roles and others with supporting ones. In TMM she was hysterical! But now she's ONLY large and self-obsessed.
So, if you'll pardon the expression, it seems that the character has lost her depth but gained a great deal of width.
Anybody else agree, or am I cracked?
Tera
(no signature - I haven't figured it out yet)

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
I think because Frank Oz has moved on to focus on directing, and left his Muppet characters, they aren't being shown so much.The new comer muppeteers who have yet to master these characters may still be trying to grasp the character that Frank Oz made so famous. Big shoes to fill, I'd say.

As for Miss Piggy though, she's one of my favorite characters. Her ever present confidence in herself and her fame have made her the star she is today. Even though she can be a little egotistical at times, everyone likes her and if they did say anything about her weight, they know what would happen. Those who don't (IE amnesiaic Kermit in MTM) have to find out the hard way. And may require a few banadges.