1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Miss Piggy joins NBC Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by RealWonderman, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't care, I'm sick of these holiday concert specials; and hasn't Michael Buble's relevance died out, like two years ago?

3. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

She's gonna plug Muppets Most Wanted and karate chop the host.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's Christmas specials. A Bubbling Mikey concert is noting compared to Hallmark's onslaught of garbage, bargain basement, copyright infringement movies staring overtly Christian Q-List celebrities. Yeah, we have The Grinch, Rudolph, Charlie Brown's 4 specials, and stuff like that. But it's a money making holiday with a bunch of terrible factory made telefilms to make sure we spread the message of "it's not about getting, it's about giving" with the huge commercials for buying stuff in the middle. Heck, the channel is owned by a company that makes cards and ornaments! They need to keep telling people to buy stuff in the guise of completely ripping off The Santa Clause. BOTH films. They made 2 complete below the quality of "The Asylum" mockbusters of both films!

And we're denying Michael Boboli brand Pizza Crust a concert. :rolleyes:

5. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Hee, it's cute that Michael invites a muppet guest to appear on each of his Christmas specials every year so far!:) Hm...something tells me about that image in the article he and Piggy are gonna perform Baby it's Cold Outside (even though he recently sang a duet of the song with Idina Menzel on her newly released Christmas album)!

Just stating my opinion on the appearance...:)

The Count likes this.
  6. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I just found out the same thing yesterday about this! Yes!

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I wish there were more muppets with Miss Piggy, but at least there is something with the muppets this holiday.

WalterLinz likes this.
  8. Drtooth

AH! The... eh... that song. The one about the...eh... kinda aggressive guy advancing on the woman who doesn't want it.

Something tells me that Piggy should do a gender flipped version. That would totally be in character.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's not a rape song, okay? It's not. Get over it.

10. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Hey wait a sec, didn't she sing the song gender-flipped on that CMA Country Christmas special a few years ago?? Lol:p

I have no idea why I have the feeling that she'll be singing the song again, but it just seems like that that and Santa Baby are her trademark Christmas songs or the songs she usually performs.:p

11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

According to my parents, the song was original gender flipped, lol.

WalterLinz likes this.
  12. Drtooth

Jokes much?

13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yes, :mad: did perform "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Vince Gil at the CMA's, a far superior version to the performance of the same song with Rudolph Nuriyev in Season 2 of TMS.
    Frankly I hope for some other song than that or "Santa Baby". The last time the latter was done was on last year's Lady Gaga Thanksgistmas special and it didn't rully help as a highlight for me.

14. Drtooth

On the whole that special was rushed, and Piggy's Santa Baby cover was pretty weak and tossed in last minute. I'm not one to call that special awful so much as disappointing that they couldn't have worked harder on it earlier in the year to get something truly special. But yeah, she sang that song a bit too much for my taste. The VMX one was at least funny and fitting. Now it's like her signature Christmas song, even though it lacks a certain...BAHdum bum bum....

15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, the VMMC version was funny if only for its part/connection within the entire Moolan Scrooge parody and the Lady Marmalot joke between Piggy and Kermit at the end. But if you want a brassier or bolder version, you should get Piggy's rendition from the Green & Red Christmas Album.

16. Drtooth

The CD one's pretty good too. But they really need to find another Christmas song for Piggy to sing. Though, the only Christmas song I can think of at the top of my head is Weird Al's The Night Santa Went Crazy. Doesn't help that I just watched a bunch of Weird Al videos on Youtube, huh?

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  17. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Saw it on Canadian TV last night. Just two Piggy bits, but they both came off pretty well - a dressing-room back-and-forth with Michael Buble (part of which I missed because the phone rang at an inopportune time) and a pretty cool reworking of "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

I think you Yankees will enjoy it once it hits NBC tonight. And, as always, it's great to see Michael Buble showing the Muppets some love (I still enjoy the Cookie Monster cameos in last year's special).

WalterLinz likes this.
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.