Miss Piggy's Head Prop on the eBay!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I didn't realize they used props for rehearsals. Why would they need to? Couldn't they just use their hand? It's not like they needed it for eye level like in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Still, it's pretty cool.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Looks more like an unfinished Miss Piggy head (an early stage of a muppet-head-in-progress) than like a prop. Maybe the info was incorrect? The e-Bay seller says the guy at the store told him this tale--and "guys at the store" are very often wrong, either from ignorance or from lying to make a better sales pitch.

(Yes, I know e-Bay sellers are often the same way--but I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's possible they needed to use it for setting up camera angles, where a hand would be too small for precision and they needed something closer in size and shape to a diva's head...

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I know there was a stand-in ALF puppet. They called him RALF. He was a beat up version from the pilot, I believe. But he was definitely more finished than this Piggy head. Anyway, my point is that it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that this head was used as a stand-in.

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Looks like the Piggy head that Kermitage used to show in the Muppet Stuff Archive.

'Course I guess most Piggy heads all look alike huh? :smirk:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Actually, I find that using the puppet itself when rehearsing is best. I mean, if you're going to be practicing everything the real puppet will be doing during shooting, why not use the real puppet for greatest accuracy?

And no...using your hand alone will not work. You need to observe where the puppet will be looking, how it will be moving, and how the puppet's speech and facial expressions will manifest during filming.

So yes, I'd say it's an unfinished head.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
Actually, I find that using the puppet itself when rehearsing is best. I mean, if you're going to be practicing everything the real puppet will be doing during shooting, why not use the real puppet for greatest accuracy?
It wouldn't be for rehearsing, but for lighting so someone doesn't have to stand there for an hour with their arm in the air while they light the set. That's what "RALF" was used for.

That said, it looks more like an unfinished head than even something they'd use for lighting.

:stick_out_tongue:

aaronmojo

Reaction score
I didn't think they let stuff like this get out of the workshop. Sure is pretty cool. Oh, and... My bid was smacked down!