missing foam head pattern

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I was making a very simple puppet with my daughter and realized in all the mess I have from building on my workshop that I had misplaced the pattern for the foam part of the head. I have already cut and sewn the fleece for the head so I'm wondering if it is possible to come up with a head pattern for the foam to fit the fleece instead. I've always built the foam head first then made the fleece to fit over that but I gotta try to make this work if possible. Its a really simple shape but first two tries were not successful. The first two heads just don't seem to want to fit properly. I'm sure I'll find the pattern eventually but would like to have her first puppet done this week. Any suggestions?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The same pattern you used for the fleece: Trace it off, and then cut it 1/4" shorter on the inside of the lines (so it's smaller patterns than the fleece pattern). Piece it together and stick it inside the material.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
yep thats what I tried the first time but it came out not fitting. Maybe I have to use a thinner foam. I was using 3/4 in foam.