Missing Song on Muppet CC DVD?

Yabba

Reaction score
Bought the R2 version of the DVD over the weekend. Not only was I disappointed by the lack of Wide Screen but there's a song missing too.

I can't remember it's name but it's the one Belle sings to Scrooge when she dumps him. The scene cuts from the part where she tells him that she believes he loved her once to the part where Michale Caine begs the spirit not to show hime anymore and Rizzo is crying.

Is this the same on the R1 DVD?

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
I'm sure we get it on the R1 release. I listened to Brian Henson's commentary and mentioned that this scene was cut from the theatrical release and then shoved back in on the home video release. Maybe the R2 release tries to stay true to the theatrical release.

Mark

Yabba

Reaction score
Thanks Mark

There's no mention of it at all on the R2 commentary. Just a big silence until Brian Henson starts talking again about how the spirit looks better in some shots than others.

It just seems a bit silly to me to put it on the VHS and not on the DVD. if they are trying to stay faithful to the theatrical release then why not release it in Wide Screen?

Disney - corporate ****! Let's have a Collector's Version (all regions!) in Wide Screen with the song back in!

Mark