1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Missing thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by snichols1973, Oct 15, 2013.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I just checked into the forum some time ago, only to discover that the "I think I'm going Crazy!" thread is no longer in the Fans subsection of the General Discussion thread.

I'm just wondering what happened to this particular thread or why it got removed; it was a place sort of like the Twilight Zone and it was a unique place where members could post random, nonsensical stuff (if I could find a title to describe it, "Much Ado About Nothing" might come to mind).....

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

From things I have heard there has been a lot of "spamming" going on in that thread, and that is why it has been deleted.

3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Spam? In a thread meant for spam? What happened? Where they being serious in the thread?

heralde likes this.
  4. dwayne1115

I'm not really sure, you would have to take that up with one of the Mod's. I'm just saying what I have heard from other members who have complained about that thread. I myself have never read the thread so I would not know what it would have been about, or how it was being spammed.
    On a side note I have tried to find out a clear definition of what all is considered spam on the forums, so I could maybe post a complete definition as to what it is, and how members can avoid doing it.

5. CaseytheMuppet

I was joking because that thread was MEANT for spam posts and gibberish… so it's strange that it would have been deleted for spam…. :laugh:

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, there was a thread called "The 'Am I the Only One?' Thread"; one day, this thread, for some reason, was closed, with an uninformative explanation as to why it was closed.

Hence is why now we have "The New 'Am I the Only One?' Thread".

7. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to just how many threads have been deleted recently, as my post count appears to have dropped by well over half of its original amount.

8. dwayne1115

I'm sure we would be surprised at the things that get deleted on a daily basses. Sometimes I would like to know, and other times I would not. Just so long as I don't wake up one day and see my account has been deleted then I will be fine.

9. CaseytheMuppet

Ouch, my post count dropped by 400.

10. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

In the words of a wise, evil, single-celled organisim, "Well, this stinks."

ShanaynayXD likes this.
  11. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

They're also deleting FANFICS. Is there some new law about freedom of expression tat only the mods were told about?

12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Why don't you just ask Ed through PM why it was deleted?

13. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

I tried!Ed doesn't answer me!