Missing video?

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
Alright, does ANYONE besides me remember the Billy Bunny singalong video?

Anyone?

There is close to NOTHING on it on the Wiki, and I KNOW it exists because we used to watch it a million times when I was younger. It had the songs "We are Different", "Don't bump into me", "Needeep Croak Ribbit", and the "Termite song (Chomp)".

Anyone? Am I delusional?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I have it

I know of the video of which you speak I have a VHS version of it which I used to play for my daughter, unfortuantely the tape playing part of my VCR/DVD machine combo has died so I can't show it to Johnathan until I can locate a DVD version of the video. It's a great video. BTW How deep does the water have to be for a frog to swim in it? Answer: KNEEDEEP

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know about it. I haven't forgotten about any Jim Henson Video releases, even ones I don't have. Do you think you could join Muppet Wiki (if you are not yet a member) and provide more information to that page? Most of the Muppet Sing-Along Videos don't have much information. I only have two Muppet Sing-Along Videos, It's Not Easy Being Green and Muppet Treasure Island.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, the information there is actually good. It provides a basic description and some behind-the-scenes information. I do wish that a song listing was there, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what would have happened if the Muppet Sing-Along videos were more like the Disney Sing-Along Songs videos. The only sing-along video to be like the Disney ones is It's Not Easy Being Green (and to a lesser extent, Muppet Treasure Island).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've only just seen the Billy Bunny tape for the first time, it was at a rental store. It's alright, you know, not that bad. And it seems to have been one of the last things Richard did with the group.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How often does Kermit appear in this video (as much as he did in Emmett Otter, The Christmas Toy, and Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree, perhaps)? I've read an article about this, which stated that the special didn't feature any main Muppet characters, at least not when it was made in 1990. I wonder if there were originally plans for Kermit to make some appearances back when it was made in 1990, but they weren't tapped until Steve Whitmire was more experienced at performign Kermit. And I wonder if this was originally meant to be a Muppet Sing-Along, or just a direct-to-video music special with original characters (if that's the case, then it makes sense that Bean Bunny wasn't included).

Does this video have on-screen lyrics? I've seen a preview for this video, and lyrics didnt' appear in any of the song clips in the preview. The second Muppet Sing-Along video, It's Not Easy Being Green, did feature on-screen lyrics, as well a s aclip from the first sing-along video.

Did Jim Lewis write the script for this video? If so, maybe one of us could ask questions on the subject in the Ask Jim Lewis thread.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've seen this video- it's pretty fun. It seems to be a one shot deal, where Kermit shows up and sings some songs with Billy Bunny. I think Billy kind of pesters Kermit with questions about running things as he's making the video you're watching. And they sing some of those songs together. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I particularly enjoyed the "Knee Deep" song- even now that song's running through my head!:smile: