MissMusical12's Muppet Show Outlines

Duke Remington

Reaction score
NEWS FLASH:
Newsman: Here's a Muppet News Flash! "Witches have been popping up all over Even Eye County in Kansas, causing such mayhem as whipping up tornadoes, eating little children by luring them into candy houses, turning the governor into a frog, and offering poisonous apples to the citizens at the farmer's market. If anyone has any information about these witches, please call......"

Witch (disguised as an old hag): Excuse me, sir, but would you like an apple?

Newsman: Why certainly, old lady I've never seen before in my entire life. -eats apple and faints-

Witch: Ha ha. What a buffoon.
The witch in that sketch should be Taminella Grinderfall, in my opinion.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
GUEST STAR: Bruce Springsteen
STYLE: Mid Season 5 (Between Tony Randall and Hal Linden)

COLD OPENING:
Pops is checking off a day on a calendar, when Bruce enters

Pops: Oh, who are you?

Bruce: Bruce Springsteen. I'm your guest star tonight on the Muppet Show.

Pops: Bruce Springsteen, eh? Well, you're right on time alright.

Bruce: Why? Is the show over?

Pops: Not even close, buster. It's Pay Day!

Bruce: I'm getting paid to do this?

Pops: Not you.

Bruce: Money. That's all people want these days.

THEME SONG
TRUMPET GAG: Gonzo's trumpet sounds like a saxophone, but Zoot's saxophone sounds like a trumpet.

Zoot: Did you steal my sax again, man?

INTRODUCTION:

Kermit: Thank you, thank you and welcome again to The Muppet Show! Hey, we got a fantastic show for you tonight because our guest star is that talented rock 'n' roll musician, Bruce Springsteen!

Audience: Oooooooh!

Kermit: Yes! But first, have you ever wondered what life is like behind the bars of Alcatraz? Well you're gonna see it now!

MUSICAL NUMBER: Jailhouse Rock, sung by a group of pigs behind bars, in a setting similar to Alcatraz. Penguins and Crazy Harry joins in on the number later on.

BALCONY:

Waldorf: Yeesh, this show should be locked up already!

Statler: For what?

Waldorf: Disturbing our peace.

Both: Dohohohohoho!

BACKSTAGE:

Kermit: Okay, great number, jail birds and.....jail hogs.

Pig: Who ya callin' jail hog, bustah? -goes off-

Kermit: -gulp- Okay, Hermiott the Maredresser on stage!

Fozzie: Wow, Kermit, that Bruce Springsteen is inspirational!

Kermit: Well, he sure is, Fozzie.

Fozzie: You know, he's inspired me to try something new. Something you would expect from me whatsover!

Another Pig: -passing by- One of your jokes landing? -laughs and goes off-

Fozzie: Kermit........I wanna be a musician.

Kermit: You?

Fozzie: Yeah, I can play........then again I can.....then again.....Hold on, I'll be back, Kermit.

Kermit: Fozzie, where are you going?

Fozzie: To find my musical, artistic talent! -goes off-

INTRODUCTION:

Kermit: And now, ladies and gentlemen, come run away to the streets of New York; where times are tough and the streets are full of dangers everywhere. And here to conquer these dangers is our very own Miss Piggy and out very special guest star, Mr. Bruce Springsteen! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

MUSICAL NUMBER: Born To Run, sung by Bruce serenading Miss Piggy while running away from oncoming dangers in New York City. Miss Piggy karate chops them, but then slows down after a while, saying "I can't catch up!"

BALCONY:

Statler: Huh. No wonder the pig couldn't catch up.

Waldorf: How come?

Statler: She wasn't born to run!

Both: Dohohohoho!

BACKSTAGE:

Bruce is carrying on the exhausted Miss Piggy in his arms.

Kermit: Bruce, is Piggy alright?

Bruce: Yeah, she'll be alright. She just wasn't used to all that running. She's not born to run like I am.

Kermit: But she's born to attack.

Bruce: You have a point there, Kermit. -goes off with Miss Piggy-

Fozzie: -comes on with a saxophone- Kermit! I found my musical talent!

Kermit: Fozzie, you can play saxophone?

Fozzie: Uhhh....of course! -plays saxophone badly-

Kermit: Wait a second. Fozzie, isn't that Zoot's saxophone?

Zoot then comes on, takes the saxophone from Fozzie, and then leaves.

Fozzie: Hey! Wait! Come back! You took my musical talent!

MUPPET LABS: Bunsen creates a motorcycle, capable of traveling through water. When Beaker tests it out in a pool of hot lava, he and the motorcycle sink into the lava.

UK SKETCH: MUSICAL NUMBER: Like A Rolling Stone, sung by a Rock, dreaming of becoming a Stonehenge.

BACKSTAGE:

Bruce is reading a magazine, when there's a knock on the door.

Bruce: Come in.

Enter Fozzie

Fozzie: Oh, it's hopeless.

Bruce: What's hopeless, Fozzie?

Fozzie: Finding my musical talent. I wanna be a great musician, like you, Mr. Springsteen.

Bruce: But, Fozzie, what about your talent of telling jokes?

Fozzie: Well.....if being a musician doesn't get me heckled by the two old guys every night.....

Bruce: Fozzie, Fozzie. Talent isn't about trying to make someone else happy. It's about doing what you love best. And what you love doing best is telling jokes, right?

Fozzie: Right.

Bruce: There you go. Now let me tell you something.

MUSICAL NUMBER: Thank You For The Music, sung by Bruce, Fozzie, and other Muppets that join later on.

PIGS IN SPACE: Captain Link Hogthrob and Dr. Julius Strangepork finally wake up the passed out First Mate Piggy (whom was exhausted since Born To Run) using an electric ray gun, that ruins her hair. First Mate Piggy then karate chops Captain Link Hogthrob off the stage.

BALCONY:

Statler: Just what the pig needed!

Waldorf: What?

Statler: A static wake up call!

Both: Dohohohohoho!

BACKSTAGE:

Miss Piggy: -still looking for Link- OKAY! WHERE IS HE!?!? WHERE'S THAT LITTLE HOG!?!! WHY I'M GONNA RIP HIM A NEW ONE ALRIGHT!!!!! -goes off-

Kermit: Maybe I should stay away from Piggy for a while until she calms down.

Fozzie: -comes rushing in- Kermit! Kermit! I've changed my mind.

Kermit: About.....

Fozzie: Finding my musical talent. I already have it!

Kermit: Oh good.

Fozzie: Yeah. It's always right inside me whenever I go out and tell my jokes. Thank you, music!

Kermit: And the music thanks you, Fozzie. -Fozzie goes off-

Bruce: -comes on- Hey, Kermit.....

Kermit: Oh, hey, Bruce. What's the matter?

Bruce: Hey, you mind if I bring in a friend of mine for the closing number?

Kermit: Oh sure, Bruce.

Bruce: -to the side- Hey, Big Man, come on in!

Enter Clarence Clemmons

Clarence: Hey, Kermit.

Bruce: Kermit, this here's Clarence Clemmons, "The Big Man."

Zoot: -comes in- Big Man.....I envy you. -bows down to Clarence-

Clarence: Uhh...thank you, Zoot.

Bruce: Well, c'mon, guys. Let's get on for the closing number. -goes onstage with Clarence and Zoot-

Kermit: Hmmm. Just what our show needs, another "Big Man In Town." -goes onstage-

INTRODUCTION:

Kermit: And now, ladies and gentlemen, here to close our show tonight with his hit song "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out........" whatever a Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, along with his fellow saxophonist and companion Clarence Clemmons, Mr. Bruce Springsteen! YAAAAAAAAY!

MUSICAL NUMBER: Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, sung by Bruce, accompanied by The Electric Mayhem and Clarence Clemmons.

GOODNIGHTS:

Kermit: Well folks, we sure had another swell night here on the Muppet Show.

Fozzie: -comes on- Thank you again, music, for this evening!

Kermit: Fozzie!

Fozzie: What? I'm thanking the music.

Kermit: Anyways, before we go, let us say thank you to our guest, Mr. Clarence Clemmons, and our very special guest star, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Bruce Springsteen! YAAAAAAY!!!!

Bruce and Clarence both come on.

Bruce: Kermit, thank you so much for having us on here tonight.

Clarence: Yeah, man. It was a blast.

Fozzie: Hey, don't thank us, thank the music.

Bruce: Of course you have to thank the music, Fozzie.......just not for everything.

Fozzie: Really? In that case.....Have you heard the one about.....

Kermit: Okay, Fozzie, that was great! We'll see you next time on The Muppet Show!

(Goodnights: Kermit, Fozzie, Zoot, Floyd, Janice, Animal and a few penguins from the opening number)

CLOSING THEME

BALCONY:

Statler: What exactly is a Tenth Avenue-Freeze Out?

Waldorf: A verb to describe the bear's talent!

Both: Dohohohoho!

END
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow.....I haven't done an outline in forever. I did this with a headache, too. This outline is alright, although I did like the part where I added Clarence Clemmons in. (R.I.P Clarence). I hope you all enjoyed this outline! There will be more to come! :wink:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Poor Piggy... She's exhausted, then Link ruins her hair! I loved the whole thing, especially Fozzie and the saxophone.

R.I.P. Clarence Clemmons. :frown:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This is way so cool, MissMusical12. I can rest to assure you that Miss Piggy is born to attack or even karate chop.

Fozzie... okay so he isn't a musican, but he sings and tells jokes.

I wish I was born to run like Bruce.