Mistaken For Muppets

Blink

Reaction score
Sometimes I come across Ebay auctions that state items are a certin Muppet character. I got a kick out of this one of Oscar The Grouch. Now this person is definately not trying to trick anyone here. I think they are being sincere about thinking it is Oscar...but I'll let others decide if they think it looks like our cute green friend or not.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Wow, that's the best likeness of Oscar I've ever seen!!!

Maybe they could list it as an Oscar prototype or something?

Sheesh. :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
It's still a dumb mistake to make though. They could atleast check the tag or something to notice it is not Oscar when getting information. No wonder it only got 0 bids.:grouchy:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hey, at least it's green!

But I clicked on one of the other links on that page to look at the Gund Oscar. Man, that one's not much better... it looks more like Chia Oscar!

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Unlike the "Oscar" auction, that little blue guy is actually a Jim Henson Muppet. He came in a box with some kind of bedtime story (I think), and I'm pretty sure he has a name too.

He pops up MIB every once in a while on eBay. I keep missing him though, would be a cool addition to my collection.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There's a similar yellow one too. I found it in a small town discount store, it looked several years old. Does anyone know if there were others in the series?

MGov

Reaction score
They are still making the the bedtime story ones. I've seen them at a store in Studio City.

And maybe the auction is just a typo. It looks like it should be called Groscar the Ouch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I keep tellin' you all, NOTHING or NO ONE is safe from an extreme make-over!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
MGov said:
They are still making the the bedtime story ones. I've seen them at a store in Studio City.

And maybe the auction is just a typo. It looks like it should be called Groscar the Ouch.
Oooh! What store, what store?

Going to Disneyland next May, we might find time to run around the Hollywood area for a bit.