Moby Dick

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Such dreary streets! blocks of blackness, not houses, on either hand, and here and there a candle, like a candle moving about in a tomb.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
At this hour of the night, of the last day of the week, that quarter of the town proved to be all but deserted.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
But presently I came to a smoky light proceeding from a low, wide building, the door of which stood invitingly open.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It had a careless look, as if it were meant for the uses of the public; so, entering, the first thing I did was to stumble over an ashbox in the porch.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Ha! thought I, ha, as the flying particles almost choked me, are these ashes from that destroyed city, Gomorrah?*

*With Sodom, a sinful city destroyed by God; see the Bible, Genesis 18-19.

I adore the whale avatar!
Yeah! It's the cover to an album by a band called Ahab; it's a funeral doom record, so it's very plodding and stuff. The whole thing is an interpretation of Moby Dick, only it accentuates the despair of the sea more than the adventure. That's what's gotten me back on this Moby Dick kick, lol.

Ahoy, no whales, no whales.
No we tain't seen no whales.
Saw a coupla schooners.
And a yellow-tail.
:fishy:
Assuming you were the one who moved everything to this cool new thread, many thanks, mon ami. :batty:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
But "The Crossed Harpoons," and "The Sword-Fish?" -- this, then, must needs be the sign of "The Trap".

Old Thunder

Reaction score
However, I picked myself up and hearing a loud voice within, pushed on and opened a second, interior door.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It seemed the great Black Parliament sitting in Tophet.*

*Valley south of Jerusalem, symbolic of ****.