Moby Dick

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This is great so far. I missed out on Moby Dick in high school.
We basically had two levels of English Lit. The upper level- we got Shakespeare up the wazoo (loved Merchant of Venice, MacBeth bogged me down).
The other kids got To Kill A Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies.

As much as I appreciate Shakespeare, I think they got the better deal.

This thread pairs well with a shot of blackberry brandy. I'm enjoying this. 8) Cheers!
Back to you, Ishmael.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Qadre Ishmael?

And Macbeth or The Scottish Play happens to be my fave Shakespearian read. :scary:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
No man prefers to sleep two in a bed.

This is great so far. I missed out on Moby Dick in high school.
We basically had two levels of English Lit. The upper level- we got Shakespeare up the wazoo (loved Merchant of Venice, MacBeth bogged me down).
The other kids got To Kill A Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies.

As much as I appreciate Shakespeare, I think they got the better deal.

This thread pairs well with a shot of blackberry brandy. I'm enjoying this. 8) Cheers!
Back to you, Ishmael.
I'm so glad people are enjoying this! Last time I attempted to read Moby Dick I ended up stopping because it's such an onslaught of whale knowledge but I do love the overall story (read an abridged version before). This is giving me a chance to re-read it again and truly appreciate this work. It's really nice that this is a book in the public domain too. :coy:

And Macbeth or The Scottish Play happens to be my fave Shakespearian read. :scary:
I have yet to read the original Macbeth (I plan to eventually) but I have read more prose-y versions and I agree, I love the story.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I don't know how it is, but people like to be private when they are sleeping.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
And when it comes to sleeping with an unknown stranger, in a strange inn, in a strange town, and that stranger a harpooner, then your objections indefinitely multiply.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Nor was there any earthly reason why I as a sailor should sleep two in a bed, more than anybody else; for sailors no more sleep two in a bed, than bachelor Kings do ashore.