Moby Dick

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"Can't sell his head? -- What sort of a bamboozingly story is this you are telling me?" getting into a towering rage.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"Do you pretend to say, landlord, that this harpooner is actually engaged this blessed Saturday night, or rather Sunday morning, in peddling his head around this town?"

After today's crapfest, I thank ye for continuing this whale of a tale.
Nay good sir, I must thank ye for joining me in my recountings of The White Whale and other things you probably didn't wanna know but are gonna learn about anyway! :big_grin:

*Hums tune to Mysterious Fathoms Below.
Speaking of tunes, I brought up earlier that my avatar is the cover to Ahab's The Call of the Wretched Sea - here's a link to the whole album via YouTube in case you wanna enjoy it. Warning: Slow downtuned guitars and thunderous drumming + growling vocals and melody make for a atmospheric and surprisingly beautiful album, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR1Az1AEHD114MTFg5PU8tlFsQLu5FE1o

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"That's precisely it," said the landlord, "and I told him he couldn't sell it here, the market's overstocked."

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"With heads to be sure; ain't there too many heads in the world?"

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"I tell you what it is, landlord," said I quite calmly, "you'd better stop spinning that yarn to me -- I'm not green."

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"May be not," taking out a stick and whittling a toothpick, "but I rayther guess you'll be done brown if that ere harpooner hears you a slanderin' his head."

Old Thunder

Reaction score
"I'll break it for him," said I, now flying into a passion again at this unaccountable farrago of the landlord's.