1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Mock-Muppet Magazine for Class

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gonzo14, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

I don't know why I never thought to share this with you all, since I made this 2 years ago during my senior year in College (which is why there's no mention of Muppets Most Wanted btw).

Anyways, I was taking a class in Adobe InDesign and we had to create a mock-magazine with consistent theming, originality, etc. and it could be about anything, so naturally I chose the Muppets. I called it "The Muppet Eras" and split the history of the Muppets into 4 time periods. (We can argue about what the various eras would be, but I chose these for the sake of the project). After all my hard work, I got an A!

Here are some things you might notice.
    • The main body text is Lorem Ipsum, which is dummy text used as a placeholder to add actual text later. We didn't have to create our own writing. I was going to come up with something original to put there, but I ran out of time.
    • The background of the front and back cover are in fact, Kermit's fur
    • The background of the inside pages are a faded picture of red curtains as a nod to The Muppet Show
    • Kermit's head serves as the page numbers
    • On each page on the upper left corner of the right page is a different picture of Gonzo
    • The reviews on the back are made up by me. I used the names of my professors.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Muppet fan 123 and WalterLinz like this.
  2. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness that is sooooo cool, @Gonzo14!! I'm glad you posted about this! You did such a fantastic job!!:) This makes me think if I should do something muppety for a class project lol!!:)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah if you have a project where they let you be creative and pick a topic, why not do something muppety...and then share it here! haha

WalterLinz likes this.
  4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

That looks really professional besides the cover, and the way you talked about the different times was really cool, I would buy that, it really is good looking.