Mokey and Ma Gorg voices!

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
I am not entirely sure, but it seems as though Mokey and Ma Gorg voices have changed in Season 2. I have two predictions. Prediction one; someone else is playing the roles of Mokey and Ma Gorg. Prediction two; consistently maintaining a high-pitched voice became difficult for them, hence they sound slightly modified for ease. If anyone else has noticed a change in Mokey and Ma Gorg voices from Season 1 to Season 2, please post and express so. By the way, Season 2 is incredibly good. So far I have only watched as far as "Manny's Land of Carpets." However, Boober's Dream was a boring episode. Seriously! Then again, I was slightly tired. Maybe the next time I watch it I will appreciate it more.

Bye bye!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Um, Kathryn Mullen is the only voice of Mokey in the show. She adjusted her voice moreover during season 1 than between seasons 1 and 2, it seemed to me. You will also notice a slight adjustment later on when Kathy puts more of an "edge" to Mokey's voice.

I love Kathy's voicings of Mokey. :smile:

Now as for Ma Gorg, a completely different woman took over her role (I'm sure others here know the specifics off the top of their heads).

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Cheryl Wagner did Ma Goarg's voice.
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Um, Kathryn Mullen is the only voice of Mokey in the show. She adjusted her voice moreover during season 1 than between seasons 1 and 2, it seemed to me. You will also notice a slight adjustment later on when Kathy puts more of an "edge" to Mokey's voice.

I love Kathy's voicings of Mokey. :smile:

Now as for Ma Gorg, a completely different woman took over her role (I'm sure others here know the specifics off the top of their heads).

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, but which version of Ma? I personally prefer her voice in season 1, but that's just me.
Now, as for Mokey, I'll have to watch season 1 more carefully to pick up subtile changes.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
As for Ma Gorg, I was referring to the change between Season 1 and Season 2. I too, enjoyed her voice in Season 1 much better Fragglemuppet. Then again, the woman playing Ma Gorg in season 2 still is fun to listen to.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
The puppeteer behind Ma Gorg's face and voice was Myra Fried in the first season and Cheryl Wagner from the second season on.

Kathy was Mokey's permanent performer from the beginning of the show, but she did alter Mokey's voice somewhat early on. (I can definitely hear the difference between her voice in the first season and later seasons, but perhaps the altering of her voice during the first season was subtle enough to escape my notice.)

From what I've heard of Mokey's later voice, I think I like her earlier voice better (but I've only watched Season One, mind you), especially her singing voice, but perhaps her later voice will grow on me once I get the second season.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well her voice changes later still...it's very interesting how Kathy "evolved" it.