Mokey Fraggle Appreciation Thread

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Her voice grates on me. I found her personality annoying and a tad wet blanketish.

Compared to all the other dynamic characters on the show, she just always seemed like a waste of space to me. I would have rather the time devoted to another character.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Mokey is my second fave Fraggle. In fact, let me put a list of my FAVE fraggles:

1. Red Fraggle (always liked being friends with tomboys)
2. Mokey (something about her makes me like her more and more, she's a hippie!!! :big_grin:)
3. Wembley (like his youthful energy and overall cuteness)
4. Boober (only thing I like about him is the fact that he is superstitious, and that's the one thing I hate about him too)
5. Gobo (sorry Jerry, but Gobo never endeared himself to me, and he has the world's most depressing-sounding voice, and BTW, Robin's WAY better!)

There you have it! Hoping kprell notices!

BJ

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm sporting a new Mokey avatar to show how much I love Mokey! Red Fraggle is still my favorite, but I love Mokey too and wish Summer 06 would get here so I can complete my Fraggle plush collection!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Mokey is the BEST! (I just noticed this thread, lol).

Her voice is so soft and lilting, fitting perfectly with her gentle, centered persona. I love her creativity, artistry, and musicality, and her heart, things I relate to, and I can also relate to her over-anxiousness and nerves (unfortunately---see "Poobahs").

I'm curious how old MuppetFreak is since they "hate" her and have since childhood, and have apparently never come around. That's sad that some people can't appreciate all the main characters (even my least favorites I still like a lot). All you have to do is watch certain episodes to really see her unique, needed, depended-on importance in the show---"Mokey's Funeral", "New Trash Heap in Town", "The Great Radish Caper", "Invasion of the Toe-Ticklers", "Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe", and "Mokey Then and Now", just to name some. Anyway, back to the optimistic intent of this thread...

Kathryn Mullen had the most beautiful flowing puppeteering of anyone on the show. That was a wonderful marriage with the Mokey puppet. Mokey also has one of the best senses of humor on the show---often verbal and many times subtle, and her expressions could also be hilarious---yet also dramatically effective as well. I love her layered relationships with the other characters...her deep, complex soulful connection with Gobo, opposites-best-friendness with Red, loving "older sister" figure of Wembley, and patient, understanding, tickled pal of Boober. And it is Mokey, not Gobo, who seems to be the fraggle most connected with the Trash Heap and Junior (this could be debatable since I am biased, lol). Mokey has a great appreciation for wisdom and a "Mother Earth" quality about her, which naturally leads her to feel an admirable connection to Madame Heap, and the bigness of her kind heart lets her be the one most open---and eager to help---Junior. There's just so much about her that I would love to do a formal dissertation, lol.

Hail hail Mokey, the best creation of The Rock! :big_grin:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I'm curious how old MuppetFreak is since they "hate" her and have since childhood, and have apparently never come around. That's sad that some people can't appreciate all the main characters (even my least favorites I still like a lot). All you have to do is watch certain episodes to really see her unique, needed, depended-on importance in the show---"Mokey's Funeral", "New Trash Heap in Town", "The Great Radish Caper", "Invasion of the Toe-Ticklers", "Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe", and "Mokey Then and Now", just to name some. Anyway, back to the optimistic intent of this thread...
I used to watch Fraggle Rock back when HBO was just one of three stars on my VCR because nobody had more cable channels than that. Does that date me? ;-)

See, I joined this thread in the hopes I would be convinced of the gloriousness of Mokey and i even listed to every Fraggle Rock song I have on my computer with an open mind. She still grates on me... Sorry.

You can hate something I like if it makes you feel better! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well thanks for the offer for the "trade", lol...see, I see Mokey as the Charlene ("Designing Women") and Rose ("Golden Girls") of the group. She is the heart of the rock. The others have heart and soul and feelings too, but their own other characteristics many times get in the way of letting their heart really get to the surface; for Mokey, this is forefront. She helps brings out the hearts and caring of the others to the surface, and is "good" for them. A good balancing leg of the five-legged fraggle table, if you will. :smile:

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I love Mokey. She is incredibly cute and sweet and I find her very attractive. She's not my favorite character but the show would be nothing without her.