Mona Lisa

salemfan

Reaction score
The Mona Lisa appeared in Elmo's Adventures in Grouchland when they showed the inside of Oscar's trash can.

Press Space!

Xerus

Reaction score
Actually, in that skit where Luis and Maria visit the museum. It was Telly's face who was in the Mona Lisa picture and he was singing to them.

salemfan

Reaction score
Yes! I actually saw the "Sing your Synonyms" sketch on the Put Down the Duckie DVD and at the beginning of the clip when Luis and Maria enter the museum, the Mona Lisa was shown in its actual form, the next time we see it, Telly's face is in the painting as well as all the other works of art who have Sesame Street characters integrated into them(Bob is the statue of the god with the granite ball). Where else has the Mona Lisa been on Sesame Street apart from the stuff we've described in this thread?

Press Space!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! I remember the sketch with the granite ball!! Some memory of Telly in a suit of armour, and the granite man. Was it Bob? Well, Bob then.

Strange..why do I remember just that sketch from SS...

Xerus

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Oooh! I remember the sketch with the granite ball!! Some memory of Telly in a suit of armour, and the granite man. Was it Bob? Well, Bob then.

Strange..why do I remember just that sketch from SS...
Yep, it was Bob during the 80's. Bob was famous for getting put in a lot of crazy costumes.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've never seen the Louvre in real life, but I have a feeling that "Sing Your Synonyms" takes place in a generic art museum--not a copy of any particular one.

balana

Reaction score
I seem to remember seeing a sort of more 'modern art' version of the Mona Lisa somewhere... I may be way off, but maybe hanging in the Count's Castle in one of the DVDs or something?

The "Sing your Synonyms" sketch I remember pretty well, though I don't completely remember the lyrics. I know it was based off the song "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" (by George and Ira Gershwin, apparently first from a Fred Astaire movie). Bob isn't just holding a granite ball, he's supposed to be Atlas, the Greek god/hero who holds the world on his shoulders, so it's more like a granite globe. I seem to remember Elmo's face poking through a different painting similar to Telly's in the Mona Lisa, but I'm not totally sure on that one.

JLG

Reaction score
Bob is a granite Atlas statue, Telly is the Mona Lisa, Elmo is inside a suit of armor, and Susan and Gordon are faces on an Egyptian hieroglyphics wall (not sure if it's supposed to be a famous one or just a generic).

Can't speak for anyone else, but if I was at a museum, and an Atlas statue suddenly started singing, I'd be running the heck out of there.:big_grin: