Monster Clubhouse

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Actualy my fav part is when it was "nap time" and they would all fall to the floor and sleep, wisting to rock-a-by-baby.... soooooo funny....

zanimum

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Weren't their names Narf, Muba, Grugle, and Mel in season 32?
If you have marbles in your mouth, they might. They weren't even around until season 33, when the format changed. They always were and are Narf, Googel, Phoebe, and Mel.

I must agree, nap time was a great part!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They had extended versions in season 32, they used to have an animated opening that looked like Mel, Google, and Phoebe's legs sticking out (that's why there we're holes in the floor), and they were marching singing "It's the Monster Clubhouse (hey), It's the Monster Clubhouse (hey)", then Narf runs in yelling "CLUBHOUSE, WAIT FOR ME CLUBHOUSE!" I do still believe their names were different in season 32, I'll have to go through my tapes again, I do remember them marching by Elmo and Lulu in a street scene when Elmo and Lulu had the "pretend beach", and then later the muppet from the National Seagull Lovers Club came by stealing Lulu's cookie.

LULU: What was that?
ELMO: Elmo believes it's time for Monster Clubhouse
NARF: Wait for me!
(later)
SEAGULL GUY: (snatches Lulu's cookie in his mouth)
LULU: Hey, that guy pretending to be a seagull just ate my cookie!
ELMO: Oh, don't worry about it.

BWSmith

Reaction score
Monster Clubhouse is permanently a part of my otherwise favorite SS video, "Elmo's World: The Wild, Wild, West".

It seems to be written on the premise that babbling, hyperactive/narcoleptic monsters going nuts and dishing off nonstop rounds of corny jokes counts as "Sesame Street"-type humor.